Folk metal enthusiasts NORDHEIM have got what will be their third full-length album "RapThor", underway, with the added bonus of their first single from it, titled "I Wish You Were Beer". Frontman vocalist and rhythm guitarist Warraxe and lead guitarist Fred discusses the single, album, and are open to all possibilities.
1. What role do you play in the band?
I'm Warraxe the lead singer and Fred play the guitars.
2. Why did you guys end up with a name like NORDHEIM?
It was a song from the band Equilibrium, we thought it sounded great so... why not!
3. Who has influenced your sound and style?
4. What would you say your songs are about?
Our songs are about... eeh... I don't know... stuff I like, stuff I hate. If I feel like writing about binge-drinking, it's about binge-drinking, if I feel writing about farting dragons, it's about farting dragons... It depends on my mood I guess, but I would say they generally don't have any deeper meaning.
5. Do you write your own songs?
Yes I write all the songs with the help of my bandmates!
6. How do you describe your music to people?
7. Why did you think that "I Wish You Were Beer" would make a good first single off the album "RapThor"?
8. Is there any story or concept behind the "RapThor" title?
Well we know people always want our kind of band to sing about viking stuff, but we think it's SOOOOO overdone so. We figured let's talk about dinosaurs, but let's make a pun out of it... hence RapThor.
9. Who produced "RapThor" and what was it like working with them?
Francois C.Fortin mixed the album and recorded it, we had a good time and everything went well except the time issues, but it's kind of unavoidable. Jeff Fortin made the mastering and we worked with him in the past, always a blast working with him too!
10. Who did the cover art for "RapThor" and how much input did you have on it?
Nicolas Francoeur did the artwork like the 2 previous album. Same as before, we throw ideas and he works his magic. Once we give it the seal of approval he starts adding colors and everybody is happy
11. What can people who have never heard of NORDHEIM before expect when listening to "RapThor"?
The heaviest folk metal album there is and the most mind crushingly stupid lyrics ever, combined in a glossy case with a dinosaur and busty chicks with machine guns on it.
12. What do you have planned between now into this next year?
We have nothing prepared, but some things are coming up and we are open to opportunities!