Screamking formed in 2012, since then changes have been made, music created and played forth, with a repeating process always cycling. Frontman vocalist Joe Lawson talks about their current works in terms of album releases, performing shows, and the plans for working on all new music as well.
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
Joe: The band formed in 2012 with Rafael Hernandez and Joe Lawson. The current lineup consists of: John Michael Seyring on bass, Tom Cox on drums, Bob Hale on guitar, Rafael Hernandez on guitar and Joe Lawson lead vocals.
2. What’s the origin of the band’s name?
Joe: The band name came from a local editor and radio DJ named Tom Lounges. We liked the name and thought it fit well and ran with it.
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
Joe: The band is based out of Northwest Indiana/Chicago area. Local bands we would recommend would be: Reign, Wrath, Divinity Compromised.
4. How would you describe your style?
Joe: A hybrid mix of multiple genres of heavy metal merged into a sonic fury of melody and aggression.
5. What have you released so far and what can someone expect from your works?
Joe: "Evilibrium" released in 2013, re-released this year by Alone Records and "Tyranny of the Sea" released this year. One can expect the unexpected from us, we are a very versatile band and refuse to be pigeon holed into one molded style or stereotype.
6. Do you have any new music in the works?
Joe: Yes we recently have started working on new songs for our next release.
7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
Joe: We have one more show coming up November 17th @ The Room Entertainment Venue in Highland, IN. that completes our 2017 Tyranny Tour. Then it will be full speed ahead on the new record.
8. What plans do you have for the future as a band?
Joe: Writing, recording, performing repeat. Also hopefully a DVD release in the near future as well.
9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
Joe: At the following places,
10. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
Joe: The creativity and passion.