Love N War formed in 2000 from a reunion occurrence of a former band, that would then lead to the formation of what the band is as of now and today. During the time since forming though, the band went on to play shows, write and record music for their debut album "Up the Annie", with current progress upon the follow-up album "Edge of the World". Guitarist John Adams gives us the rundown of how Love N War was brought forth, and what plans they have in-store.
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
John: Love and War formed in 2000 from a reunion we had of a former band called “LESTAT” Me (John Adams) and Jeff VandenBerghe formed Love and War from there. Donny Bragg joined in 2004 and Ray Soliz in 2010.
2. What’s the origin of the band’s name?
John: We were kicking around idea’s and I thought of “Love and War” Always liked that name!
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
John: Based out of Houston Texas. The Music scene is strong here! There a lot of great local bands, its getting the people, “Fan Base”, to come out and support that’s weak!
4. How would you describe your style?
John: Melodic Hard Rock!
5. What have you released so far and what can someone expect from your works?
John: Released our debut CD in 2010 called "Up the Annie”. Expect in your face hard rock!
6. Do you have any new music in the works?
John: We are currently recording our new CD called “Edge of the World”
7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
John: We are currently playing Local/Regional, nothing planned as yet, our focus is to complete our new CD and plan on something after!
8. What plans do you have for the future as a band?
John: Release our new CD, play live as much as possible to support, promote the CD and hope to play festivals/concerts and see what happens!
9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
John: Listen to “Up the Annie” on ReverbNation, It will be available on Amazon/CD Baby soon, you can hit us up on Facebook also to Buy the CD!
10. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
John: Hope that they would remember us as an “In Your Face” melodic hard rock band that they can sing/air guitar/and tap their foot to, just like we did with all of our influences!