Rock, indie, electronic artist Verity White whose also an award winning singer, has been hard at work writing and recording for her newest album title "Breaking Out". She simply wants to do more, be herself, releasing more, working harder to get her music heard by others and many, lots! Verity White herself goes into details about her history, music scene, and her music in general.
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
The band is basically me, working with my husband as the producer and instrumentalist on the album, we then get session musicians in to cover live gigs with us. It tends to end up being the same people but sometimes rotates a bit! I actually only started releasing my own music in 2016, having been part of various bands, and even randomly, theatre productions before that.
2. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
We live in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire; to be honest there’s not a massive rock scene here as it’s only a small town. There are a couple of good festivals but they’re quite mainstream you know? To get to a decent venue you need to travel down the road to Bristol.
3. How would you describe your style?
That is always the hardest question to answer! I think it’s kinda a mix of rock, grunge, electronica and a bit of industrial... There are influences from so many genres I think that the album will have track s that will speak to all different sorts!
4. What have you released so far and what can someone expect from your works?
I’ve got two EPs and three singles on my bandcamp page (www.veritywhite.bandcamp.com) and a new album coming in the next coupe of weeks! They’re quite varied as I said before, with one of them being an acoustic release t show a bit of variety (folk-y types usually Lille that one!) but I’m a rock chick at heart and the album will be much more like the singles I’ve had out this year.
5. Do you have any new music in the works?
Just finishing the mixes for the new album so that should be up on my bandcamp first week of November. I’m also considering dropping a sneaky single before then too...
6. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
Oct 26th I head off on tour with Pendragon as their support act around Europe, then in January I have my own tour too. I’m sure a few things will crop up in between too! So excited for both as it’ll be Greta to get out of the studio and in front of real people!
7. What plans do you have for the future as a band?
More releasing, more being me, and more working really hard to get my music in the right places!
8. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
Head over to my website www.veritywhite.com, I have sounds and a store on there, and I’m also on Bandcamp, Spotify, Apple music - the usual!
9. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
That’s a really good question! Normally I get comments about that a powerful voice I have, people tend to hear that first, then digest the rest. Hope you enjoy it, anyway!