Die Trying got their start in 2013, releasing thier "Self-Titled" debut EP which lead to a follow-up EP "Blues for the Cursed", which now has the band working on newier material, as well as playing shows when they want, doing what they want! Frontman vocalist Alex talks about the EP, new tunes, and playing shows, whenever they darn well feel like it!
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
Alex: We formed in 2013. We knew each other because of our past HC/Metal bands and clubbing habits so when the the whole thing came up it was natural to start working together. Some of us also used to play together in other bands.
2. What’s the origin of the band’s name?
Alex: I think it's a song title. It's our drummer's choice so I have to confess that actually I don't know.
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
Alex: We are all from Milano area. The underground scene is pretty huge there. Personally I really dig our bass player's other band, Young Blood. Halfway between Germs, early Coliseum and GG Allin.
4. How would you describe your style?
Alex: Well, I think you could describe it as a molotov cocktail made of thrash, hardcore punk, southern rock'n roll and black metal.
5. What have you released so far and what can someone expect from your works?
Alex: We have released two EPs and now we are working on the third one. You can expect a kick in the teeth!
6. Why should someone go and give your band a listen, what makes you guys stand out above everyone else?
Alex: Because we have demons in our sound. And BBQ sauce also.
7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
Alex: Absolutely yes! We are planning some gigs around Europe for the second part of this year and the first of next one.
8. What plans do you have for the future as a band?
Alex: We are not a "long term plan" band. In three years we always did what we wanted when we wanted. That's the spirit! Then… who knows!
9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
Alex: Here's our bandcamp link where you can find all our songs in full streaming https://dietryingarmy.bandcamp.com/.
10. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
Alex: To breathe. Cheers!