Blacklist Union has been quite active, since last speaking with them 3 years ago. Since then, the band has gone on to release another album "Back To Momo", release music videos and will be heading out on tour. Mainman Tony, vocalist for the band, discusses the new tunes and further plans.
1. Let’s start off with an icebreaker. If you could describe your band in 3 words, what would they be?
Tony: How about two words? "we deliver".
2. What has Blacklist Union been up to since we last spoke 3 years ago in 2013 when you released "Til Death Do Us Part"?
Tony: Well we released the new record called "Back To Momo", did two music videos, and we're booking a tour. We've been up to so much, we should have a blue light special.
3. What's the story behind the song and video for "Evil Eye"?
Tony: The song is about my mother and how she treated me when I was a kid. She was very abusive, mean, cold, and shut off. This is a song about letting all of that go once and for all and not allowing it to interfere with my life anymore. I do not know my mother. It is sad really.
4. What's your take on "Back To Momo" as a whole?
Tony: It's a kick ass rock and roll record that will touch, move, and inspire everyone that listens to it.
5. What's your favorite song on the album right this second!?!?
6. Is it important for you to paint visual pictures with the songs?
Tony: I'm a very visual person and it's important to me that people can relate to the songs. That's what's most important to me. People process things the way they process things. In my case again I'm a visual person. Some people are different.
7. What would be the cinematic equivalent of "Back To Momo"?
Tony: Nacho Libre.
8. What would you say separates you from other bands in the scene?
Tony: We deliver the goods consistently. We have the hype AND the delivery.
9. What does the band have planned for the rest of 2016?
Tony: Tour, do another video for Superjaded & start demoing for the next record.
10. Have you heard of Blacklist Union?
Tony: No and I did hear the singer is an asshole.