Space Cadets have crafted together a unique mixture of chill tunes with urban vibes, that keeps their music interesting and alive. "Way Too Loud", is the single to come off their EP release "Let The Kids Play!" with even more music underway according the band at hand. As this trio of mates, Zachary Wexelman, Dan Creed, and John Cocco, get together talking of this single, it's video, and the EP, as well as further plans ahead.
1. First of all, who are you, and what do you do in the band?
Zach: I am Zach. I play guitar and sing.
Dan: My name is Dan, I'm from Boston, and I play bass and sing backing vocals.
John: I'm Doctor John, I hit things.
2. Can you tell us about the concept of the band that is Space Cadets?
Zach: There's no concept. Most of my experiences having to do with structure and organization have been negative. The band allows me to operate outside a system that I've never found comfort in.
Dan: We're just three dudes who like to play music. What comes out, comes out.
John: It's about the space between the notes man.
3. Which part of the production do each of you specialise in?
Dan: Zach writes 99% of the songs. John and I write our parts, but Z handles lyrics and structure for sure. John is the social media expert. I'm the guy that knows a lot of people; I'm like a manager of sorts.
John: I hit lots of things.
4. What genres of music do you make?
Dan: Its basically alternative. We have a blend of acoustic blues and hip hop. Occasionally, a little rock/punk influence. Basically, whatever we're feeling at the moment we are writing.
John: The mad note.
Zach: You can't make the kind of music that we make in a vacuum. We use modern instruments and our sound is a product of our time.
5. What made you start the group “Space Cadets”?
Dan: It just kinda came together. Z had been playing open mics, I joined in to support, then we wanted a drummer and John had just moved to town. It just sort of progressed that way.
John: Music is fun.
6. Can you discuss your new song "Way Too Loud", why was the song written and why should we give it a listen?
Zach: Every song we write is an attempt to outdo the last thing we wrote. The day we released 'Way Too Loud' it represented our best work. Now we have better shit.
7. "Way Too Loud", was also made as an accompanying video, describe said video for us?
Dan: Just having fun and screwing around in the desert, getting our minds right and getting away from the real world for a bit.
John: It's all about finding solace and camaraderie in a place you never thought to look.
8. Does the track "Way Too Loud", come off your upcoming EP, "Let The Kids Play!"?
Dan: Yeah, its the single.
9. Where are you in the process of that EP "Let The Kids Play!"?
Dan: It's done and about to be publicly released.
10. Why should we check out Space Cadets?
Dan: Because we're good, honest music. No bullshit.
John: In my ears, music in 2017 is feeding people candy. It's great the first couple bites, but there's nothing really substantial there. We record our songs live with real instruments and hope to feed people something with a little more character.
Zach: You shouldn't. Go listen to Bob Marley. He's way better.
11. What else do you have planned for the rest of this year?
Dan: Finding shows, maybe recording some more.
John: It's been a pretty long 2017, and I think I can speak for everyone in the group when I say this, and please excuse my bluntness, but I really truly, believe it's time to switch from Chipotle to Del Taco. Thoughts Zach?
Zach: I'm thinking about switching to YoshinoyaBeef Bowl.
12. Do you have any last words for fans, or potential new fans?
Dan: Just let the kids play, dammit.
John: Keep it one hunnid.
Zach: Hi mom!