Sons Of Texas bring out the spirit of music, with their form of mixture that is rock meets metal, taking it to the next level! "Forged By Fortitude", is their sophomore release with two singles turned video releases of "Beneath the Riverbed" and "Feed The Need". Whilst these have been making quite the buzz for them, so has their album, with more music underway with touring to follow suit. Find out more about the band, this album's contents, as well as the plans that are in-store.
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
Before signing to Razor & Tie in 2013, we had played in local bands in South Texas. We finally decided to grab members from different bands and assemble a group which is the current line up.
2. What’s the origin of the band’s name?
Our sound is derived and inspired by all the great bands that have come out of Texas so the name seemed fitting. And we also had to change it from just “Texas” due to the Glasgow band “Texas”.
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
We’re based out of McAllen, Texas. The southern tip of Texas. The music scene is alive and well with tons of great bands. One which we’ve been greatly impressed with is a band from San Antonio called Coldcasket. Those cats throw down so hard and their songs are very well written and catchy. Check them out!
4. How would you describe your style?
We’re a rock band with heavy metal and blues influence.
5. How does this album vary from past work?
It’s a heavier album than “Baptized in the Rio Grande”. We wanted more material to be able to play live so we left the ballads off this one. Sonically we wanted it to match our live performances intensity and it definitely does that.
6. Has anything happened since your last album, that you feel will influence the mood or lyrical content on this new album?
This album focuses on the ups and downs from 2015 to now. The good and bad we’ve come across on the road and how it’s shaped us into who we are today.
7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
We’re currently supporting Seether on the Europe/UK leg of their “Poison The Parish” Tour until October 18th. All dates can be found at sonsoftexasmusic.com. There are tours pending which will be announced once this tour is close to wrapping up.
8. What other plans do you have for the future as a band?
We’re gonna keep touring heavily and writing records. We love what we do and we want to keep getting better at it.
9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
Come out to a show, we hang out at our merch table after every show so come by, pick up a CD and get your merch signed! If we’re not in the area then iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon, etc for all the digital downloads/streaming. Physical copies can be found at Best Buy or ordered at sonsoftexasmusic.com.
10. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
Our goal as a band is to write albums that a listener can play start to finish without hitting the skip button. Some of our own personal favorite albums do that for us and we strive to bring that to you.