Hip hop and R&B duo Prince Peezy & Lala Chanel have been hard at work upon their upcoming EP "Project X". But while that has kept them fairly busy, they have gone on to release a new single titled "Lit", grabbing in the attention from all of the inter webs. When they were asked why people should care let alone check out their music, they responded with “We just do what we love, we put our life in our music, and we do it for ourselves. We hope that our fans & the world connects.”
They differentiate themselves from other artists or bands for that matter, because they are a hard working group that is ready and willing to lead the coming age of the indie artist, according to them with how they see it that is. They will have their moment in that Florida sun, as that is where they come from and will continue to reign.
Prince Peezy and Lala Chanel go into discussion about the "Lit", single and the EP to follow it, as well as further plans to play some showcases as well as more music coming soon!
1. What inspired you to get into the hip hop & R&B genre and scene?
Watching and listening to other talent before us we've always been inspired by all types of music from the beginning.
2. What's the driving force behind you and your music?
The driving force behind our music is our everyday life , our struggle, and what we had to overcome and just living life.
3. Why take this as a duo act as opposed to a solo act?
We were a solo act until we collaborated on a track, winning the internet's best talent, everyone thought we were a group, our vibes matched so well, that we built Prince Peezy & Lala Chanel.
4. Where did the idea for calling this act Prince Peezy & La La Chanel come from and how does it represent you and the music you create?
Lala is short for my first name and Chanel is my middle name . Prince was my child hood name given to me by my god father and when I joined the independent label Peezy was then added, to make it what it is now.
5. Do you like how hip hop has evolved?
Yea and no rather not go into it.
6. What are your aspirations outside of hip hop & R&B?
Pop, building a bigger brand and team and helping others.
7. "Lit" is your most recent in terms of new music, why was this song picked out to be made into a single? Will it be receiving an accompanying video?
The record "LIT" gained a lot of attention after every show and DJ's wanted it, so we decided to release it as a single and the music video is available on VEVO and YouTube.
8. Will "Lit" be included on the upcoming EP release "Project X"? Or it will remain as a single?
"LIT" will remain as a single , our upcoming release "Project X" has enough bangers on it already.
9. Where are you in the recording process of the new EP?
The new EP "Project X" is fully recorded and is in the final stages of being completed.
10. How would you describe the overall sound of the new EP?
More hip hop with a bigger pop sound.
11. When did you start writing for this EP?
Last year in March.
12. Do you feel any pressure whatsoever about this EP, in terms of wriing, recording, and getting out for everyone to hear it?
Yes, we want everything to go right and for our messages to be received the way we meant it and we're also planning to build a tour around this release as well.
13. How is the vibe in the studio?
Very chill not much pressure. Just bringing together creativity mostly.
14. When can we expect the new EP to be released?
November 4th 2017!
15. What else you got going on besides this release?
A few music video releases as well as new show dates.