Refresher power metal aggressors Night Legion, had just released their debut "Self-Titled" album not that long ago, with plans on writing all new music real soon. Guitarist/producer Stu "The Hammer" Marshall says that they play metal, will be playing shows, and working on new music but will focus upon their debut album for the time being as of late.
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
Stu: Night legion started in Sydney, Australia around June of 2016. The band is born from the idea of me putting together a band to play local shows in Australia. As I have been touring for many years, I realized it had been 5 damn years since I played in my home country. The band is formed from guys who are fairly well known here in Australia:
Vo Simpson - Vocals (Darker Half)
Stu Marshall - Guitars (Dungeon, Empires of Eden, Death Dealer)
Glenn Williams - Bass Guitars (Dungeon)
Clay T - Drums (Blasted to Static)
2. What’s the origin of the band’s name?
Stu: I named the band after some killer imagery I saw on the underworld movies - I really like that struggle between the vampires / werewolves - so Night Legion seemed to work well for a heavy metal band after all, all metal heads are really a legion of the night right?
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
Stu: While we are all in Australia, 3 members are from Sydney and our bass player is from Brisbane. The scene here is very strong now. Alot of amazing talent but off the top of my head bands like Darker Half, Taberah, Sudden State, Pegazus and Vanishing Point come to mind.
4. How would you describe your style?
Stu: Aggressive power metal. It's definitely pulling on classic influences with a fresh take.
5. What have you released so far and what can someone expect from your works?
Stu: The debut album was released in Europe on October 27, 2017 through Massacre Records from Germany and what someone can expect is high paced aggressive power metal music. High screaming vocals and frenetic guitar work.
6. Do you have any new music in the works?
Stu: Right now no as we just released the debut months back but we will be writing again in 2018.
7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
Stu: Yes the band has been playing quite a bit in Australia and have been headlining or co-headlining which is really something we are happy about.
8. What plans do you have for the future as a band?
Stu: We will keep playing live and supporting the album release.
9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
Stu: Please check us out on any streaming services or visit www.nightlegion.net.
10. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
Stu: The power of the night! Hahaha so cheesy but kinda true. It's metal pure and simple.