Melodic progressive groove metal act NORÐ have an all new album in the works, with shows to follow, with even more shows closing out this year. The band talks even more about their latest releases and themselves as well.
1. First of all, please introduce your band and band members to our readers.
We are NORÐ from Denmark and we play melodic progressive groove metal. The members are Bjarne Broggard Matthiesen – vocals, Niels Thybæk-Hansen – guitar, Thomas Bøgh Jensen – guitar, Peter Littau – bass and Rune Kolsbjerg Hansen – drums.
2. Can you disclose the details of how the band came to be who they are and why did it happen?
Within a year the first set was written and the band started playing live gigs. The crowd really embraced the music from the very beginning and recorded material was in demand. In 2016 the recording of the debut EP "Alpha" began at Molten Rock Studio in Odense with Jesper Egeskov Sommerby. By the time the single "Rosehip Garden" hit the internet around Christmas 2016, there was immediate international interest and the single received airplay in the United States, Australia, Spain and other countries. The band was contacted by Inverse Records from Finland who wanted to release the EP in March 2017. The EP was released and the band has been playing around 20 live gigs since then.
Today the line up consists of purely Danish members since the original singer and drummer have been replaced. The band is now a strong and efficient unit and we are like brothers.
3. Would you say that there is a special story behind the band's title NORÐ?
4. What types of music does the band actually play?
Our style of music is a mixture of several different metal styles. We often describe it as melodic progressive groove metal.
5. What inspires your music?
We are influenced by bands like Lamb of God, Iron Maiden, At The Gates, Gojira, Pantera, Megadeth, Metallica, Alice in Chains, Pink Floyd and many more.
6. What do the lyrics talk about, how does the lyrical writing occur?
7. What have you released thus far, that you would like to discuss?
8. Do you have any new music in the works?
9. What are the plans in-store for the rest of this year?
10. Would you like to say anything to your fans and our readers?
To our fans and readers of this magazine we wish to say thank you for your interest in NORÐ. We hope you’ll all go and check out our music and just stay metal!