Alternative metal go getters Afterlife have released a new EP "Vicious Cycle", and are currently out on the road touring about. The band took some time whilst out on the road to discuss the EP and some music details about their writing, influences, and more!
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
We're a really new band, we've only been together since December 9th but all the members have been friends for years.
2. What’s the origin of the band’s name?
During the process of the band being developed we wanted a simple name that could be heard in a loud venue, a name that would catch your attention from the get go and that's how Afterlife was born.
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
West Palm Beach, Florida and the music scene gets better every day.
4. How would you describe your style?
We like to incorporate alternative and electronic elements into our music all the while keeping it heavy and groovy.
5. What can be said about your latest album, and why should people go check it out?
It's aggressive, unhinged and like nothing you've ever heard - go pick it up now!
6. If you had to pick one song of yours, for someone to hear, to be introduced to you guys, which one would you pick and why?
I would choose "Pain & Pleasure" it's one of our most graspable songs and my personal favorite.
7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
We're currently on tour with Like Moths To Flames and Currents!
We also have an awesome fall tour that will be announced soon.
8. What plans do you have for the future as a band?
Touring as much as we possibly can.
9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
You can stream our EP 'Vicious Cycle' on Spotify -
You can purchase our EP 'Vicious Cycle' on ITunes - https://itun.es/us/z2y0gb
10. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
The genuine sound we portray and that we hold nothing back while performing our music.