Shane Slaughter, has taken some time to go forth and write and record, all new tunes, since we last spoke, and has plans to play some shows, as well as tour. Shane himself, catches up on the all of the new-ness that is coming from him musical endeavors.
1. It's been 2 years, since we last and first spoke, what has Shane Slaughter been up too between then and now?
I’ve honestly just been playing a ton of shows and trying to get myself out there still. I have been working on a ton of new music and I will be releasing it soon.
2. Since that first discussion, you went and released an EP called "Vile Humans (Part 1)" by Shane Slaughter & Architxct, is this a new project or new namesake for you, as the artist Shane Slaughter, or what can disclose about it?
It was basically a split EP with me and my best friend Architxct (follower her on Instagram by the way). She is a amazing producer and I kind of just wanted to put something out with her. I did 2 of the 5 tracks on the EP and she did the other 3.
3. Beside's that being a new thing from you, you also released a new song called "I Am Not A Casting Agent and There Is No Job", can you describe to us what this song is all about?
I really love PC Music and super sweet pop music. The track “I Am Not A..” was basically my last poppy/colorful song I’m ever going to release. Kind of like a farewell song now that I am changing my sound and aesthetic. I wanted a song to bridge my way in between my old and new sound.
4. Going back to the EP "Vile Humans (Part 1)", will there be more to this series, since this is a "Part 1"?
Yes, well at least I hope. I am focusing on putting out my debut EP right now that I hope to release in June. After that I want to release Part 2. I haven’t really discussed it with her but she has the heart to produced and get to amazing heights. I am hoping to collab with her on my debut EP too.
5. Do you have any other new music in the works, besides this EP and this single?
Yes I am going to be releasing my debut EP called “Isn’t Real”. I hope to have it out in June.
6. Tell us a story about a day in your life.
I usually sleep til 2 in the afternoon then get up and I freeze to death because I live in New Hampshire then I stay up all night working on different things for Shane Slaughter. I have a pretty boring life haha.
7. What advice would you give to fellow artists/bands?
Well for artist I think your stage presences is everything. Regardless of the genre, go up there and kill it! I’m not saying you have to jump off balconies but take control of the stage and audience. As for bands, I can’t say much and don’t want to sound like I know more than I do but one thing I will say is make sure you are friends with everyone in your band. I’ve seen a lot of friends bands fall apart because they have members that are not committed and don’t show up to practices and things like that.
8. How does music affect you and the world around you?
As corny as it sounds. Music is pretty much my life I am always looking at new album releases, new artist, etc. Music I love gives me a feeling unmatched to anything else in the world. I feel like it gives everyone an outline to get everything out.
9. What are your dreams and goals?
Honestly just to be able to keep doing this. I know I will never be a huge artist, get a Grammy, or make a million dollars, but if I can pay a few bills and tour regularly then dream will have came true.
My next show is February 18th with It Lives It Breathes, Stephanie Bright, Big Tim + more at The Met in Pawtucket, RI. The show is called “Glowsticks In The Moshpit”. If the name of the show doesn’t already tell you that it’s going to be a party I don’t know what will! Then in April I believe I have a show with Justin Symbol. Then I have some idea’s for the summer!
11. What else do you have planned out for the rest of this year?
In a week or two I am releasing a single with a pretty known artist. Then the EP in the Summer, and then we will see what happens.
12. Anything else you'd like to say or want to add?
Just like me on Facebook and check out my music. Feedback is encouraged!