Afterlife have been hard work upon, what will be their debut EP "Vicious Cycle". Frontman vocalist Tyler, discuss said EP, which song you should check out, and what can be expected for this year, from these guys!
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
Tyler: Well, Afterlife has only been band since December 9th, 2016. So we haven’t been a band very long, but I have known Andrew, Luke, and Sinjin all for years. Andrew and Luke have been pretty much childhood friends and Sinjin was introduced recently.
2. What’s the origin of the band’s name?
Tyler: The name came to me on one of my flights to Virginia during the recording process and to me, it means a “period of renewed existence,” which I feel perfectly describes each of us and our musical endeavors with Afterlife.
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
Tyler: The band is based out of West Palm Beach, Florida and our music scene is great because it spans all different musical genres but our “heavy” music scene has dwindled over the years. These are a few locals I highly recommend : (Fame on Fire, Deviant, Sounds Of The Rodeo, Pathways)
4. How would you describe your style?
Tyler: It’s hard to personally say cause we infuse a variety of styles; we like to utilize rapping and singing along with screaming, some songs have heavy electronics and some are more aggressive and raw.
Tyler: I would like to think we provide a fresh take on alternative metal.
5. What can be said about your latest album, and why should people go check it out?
Tyler: Well our debut EP just came out via Stay Sick Recordings and it’s going to be the coolest thing you have ever heard, so I highly recommend buying it! I think people should check it out because I firmly believe we bring something new to the table of heavy music and I would recommend listening to my favorite song on the EP called “Pain & Pleasure”.
6. If you had to pick one song of yours, for someone to hear, to be introduced to you guys, which one would you pick and why?
Tyler: I would say our song called “Pain & Pleasure,” which I just mentioned. We do have a music video for it out now; but the reason being is because I feel it really showcases the band and if you love singing and rapping that's the song for you.
7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
Tyler: We actually just played our first show, on February 3rd haha, but you can expect Afterlife to be touring heavily in 2017.
8. What plans do you have for the future as a band?
Tyler: Worldwide domination and meeting every possible fan of the band we can.
9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
Tyler: You can find us at the following sites,
Follow our official Spotify account here - https://play.spotify.com/artist/7LeHdLOuiySZgt7ewdckbX
You can buy our debut EP ‘Vicious Cycle’ right now on iTunes at this link : https://itun.es/us/z2y0gb
You can buy a physical merch bundle for the EP at this link : http://merchnow.com/catalogs/afterlife
10. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
Tyler: That it’s okay to feel something other then happiness, utilize all of you emotions.