Shock metal act Salems Lott have been together since their formation in 2013. During that time was spent out of Hollywood, California. In which they would go on to write and record material, that would later become their single "No Choice to Love", in 2014 with the follow-up Self-Titled debut EP in 2015. At this time, the band would first discuss with us, their time together as band, showcases performed, and where their next plan of activity, was headed next back in June 2015. Now that 2 years have past since that discussion, the band has refreshed us on what's happening between then and now, vocalist/lead guitarist and the God Monroe does the talking in question.
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
Monroe: The band was formed at the tail end of 2013. We were all involved in music in one way or the other. I was doing session work as well as playing in a Black Metal band with Tony. Jett and Kay were doing sessions as well. Jett and I recruited Tony since I've played with him and we found Kay through a friend at GIT.
2. What’s the origin of the band’s name?
Monroe: Contrary to popular belief, the Stephen King Novel/Movie had nothing to do with the name choice. The name was derived from the Salem witch trials, where women were burnt to the stake for being considered heretics and or witches/different. Something we thought suited us, as we consider ourselves the outcasts among the so-called "outcasts". Contrarily, Stephen King's novel was a shortening of Jerusalem's Lot.
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
Monroe: We're based out of LA. In terms of a "scene" there is none. Can't really think of any that stand out.
4. How would you describe your style?
Monroe: Refreshing. A resurgence of suppressed masculinity, within a perpetually weakening matriarchal and collectivist society and art-world.
5. What have you released so far and what can someone expect from your works?
Monroe: A single, an EP and Part 1 of a full length album. Expect the unexpected. Our music is familiar but with a twist and a fresh take. I attribute our sound to our disdain for apologetic, lackluster, repetitive and safe art.
6. Do you have any new music in the works?
Monroe: Yes. Part 2 of our full length album "Mask of Morality".
7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
Monroe: Those that ask, shall receive. Depends on the demand.
8. What plans do you have for the future as a band?
Monroe: World domination. I can also settle for wiping out the embarrassment that old and over-saturated Rap, Pop and 'modern' Metal music has become.
9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
Monroe: iTunes, Google etc.
10. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
Monroe: Strength, power and self-responsibility for the individual. Not to be lured by the temptation of victim-hood in self-pity. Nothing can stand in your way and you will destroy anyone that does.
Rēd Moon Rēcords - Los Angeles, CA