TOWER OF BABEL have got a new album out titled "Lake of Fire" with current progress on a follow-up album, and touring as well. But for legendary solo artist and guitarist Joe Stump, who also plays in a number of other acts including Holyhell, and is a faculty member at Berklee College of Music out in Boston, there is so much more to music for him. Well no not really, music is all he lives for really. That said, Joe Stump talks about his work with his many other projects and Tower Of Babel.
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
Everyone in the band is a seasoned pro with quite a few records and tours under their belt. It's way too long to list everyone's individual accomplishments and achievements:Csaba Zvekan vocals( Exorcism / Killing Machine / RavenLord) Mark Cross (Helloween / Scorpions / Firewind / Kingdom Come / Tainted Nation) Nic Angileri (Jorn / Exorcism / Ian Paice) Maestro Mistheria (Vivaldi Metal Project / Glenn Hughes /solo artist) Joe Stump (HolyHell / Joe Stump's Reign Of Terror / solo artist / RavenLord).
2. What’s the origin of the band’s name?
It's no secret that anyone familiar with my work knows Ritchie Blackmore and his work with Deep Purple and Rainbow have had a huge impact on my playing/composing. One very famous old Rainbow bootleg recording of the Cozy Powell/Dio era rehearsals is called Tower Of Babe. The name comes from that.
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
With the exception of myself (living in the states) the rest of the band is from various parts of Europe.
4. How would you describe your style?
The band is a combination of old school 70's / 80's hard rock and classic power metal, inspired by Rainbow / Deep Purple / Michael Schenker Group / Yngwie Malmsteen / Axel Rudi Pell.
5. What have you released so far and what can someone expect from your works?
I've released over 20 something records both as a solo artist and with the following metal bands: Tower Of Babel, HolyHell, RavenLord, Exorcism, Joe Stump's Reign Of Terror. My last solo record was The Dark Lord Rises.
6. Do you have any new music in the works?
Currently working on material for another solo record as well as a follow up to the Tower Of Babel debut.
7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
Tower of Babel is planning a European tour for early next year.
8. What plans do you have for the future as a band?
A video shoot for the track Addicted from the Tower of Babel debut, a European tour and then work on a follow up to "Lake Of Fire".
9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
10. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
If you're a fan of any of the previous band's I mentioned (Rainbow / Deep Purple / Michael Schenker Group / Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force / Axel Rudi Pell) then you're certainly love the new Tower of Babel record "Lake of Fire", it's classic guitar driven old school hard rock/metal.