For the past 10 years of their hard rock metal careers as musicians Seventh Calling have gotten a handful of releases out and about. As of the time being the band is focused upon creating all new music with some minor plans in performing some showcases here or there. Guitarist/vocalist Steve Handel talks of the new tunes, old tunes, and what these guys have got in-store.
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
Steve: Sure. The first disc the band released was in 2007 and since then I have kept the group going. Seventh Calling has always been a bit different as far as members. I have been happy to have had some real good musicians come through and join me on different recordings over the years and it is always fun and challenging when I begin to work on new material.
2. What’s the origin of the band’s name?
Steve: It was basically pick out of a bunch of names that we had at the time, and Seventh Calling sounded and looked the right way. It was an easy decision.
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
Steve: At this time, Seventh Calling is based out of the Sioux Falls, SD area. Previously I have had the band located in Minneapolis, MN. for a few years and also in Las Vegas, NV. As far as groups here, there is alot of bands, but not alot of live original venues. Most of the clubs here all cater to cover music unfortunately.
4. How would you describe your style?
Steve: 100% True Heavy Metal.
5. What have you released so far and what can someone expect from your works?
Steve: The debut MONUMENTS was released in 2007 through Melissa Records. After that, PRELUDE TO MADNESS EP, and EPIDEMIC full length were both released through Heaven and Hell Records, with the latest release BATTLE CALL being independent. When you get a Seventh Calling release, you will come to expect nothing less than an entire disc of heavy metal.
6. Do you have any new music in the works?
Steve: Yes I am working on new material for the next offering currently.
7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
Steve: A few shows that I am stringing together now. We do have an appearance coming in Nov. at Swordmetal Festival 6 which is in Savage, MN. That will be a great time. As far as touring, right now the main focus is on the new material.
8. What plans do you have for the future as a band?
Steve: Simply to keep churning out the heavy metal!
9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
Steve: www.reverbnation.com/seventhcalling www.facebook.com/SeventhCallingOfficial www.seventhcallingofficial.bigcartel.com. Plus you can find the group on Youtube music, CD Baby, Itunes, Apple Music, Amazon MP3, and many many more places! Just look up the band on Google search and you will find us!
10. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
Steve: I would like to think that knowing you will continuously hear music like this from Seventh Calling, you will always remember the first chord, or melody line that you go away with in your mind is only found with Seventh Calling so fans will keep coming back!