Italiano's HOT SUNDAY BLOOD have just released their new album "New Omega", with plans on doing promotional showcases and touring possibility as well. That said, the band goes into discussion about their history, inspiration, influences, and the future beyond us.
1. Give a brief history of HOT SUNDAY BLOOD, music style, and the members.
We are an Italian band, formed in Turin in 2013. Our music can be defined 'alternative rock-metal' with a bunch of other influences. We're five members since the beginning, but our line-up's just changed with a new drummer and a new bassist.
2. Why go with a name like HOT SUNDAY BLOOD? What makes a Sunday blood and hot?
Cause Sundays are usually lazy-relaxing days in which we can pretend we care about useless staff, like the weather, and also we can pretend we care about all the blood spread during the past week.
3. What inspires HOT SUNDAY BLOOD music and lyric writing? What does HOT SUNDAY BLOOD lyrics talk about?
Most of the lyrics are inspired by death and all the waist of time that separates it from the moment we're born. Sometimes, however, lyrics are inspired by people who actually managed to make their life less boring. HSB music is heavily influenced by Turin atmosphere and its white sky.
4. Tell us about your favorite bands, from whom you gain inspiration. Are you having any favorite artist/band that has emerged from metal/rock soil?
We all come from a hard rock/heavy metal heritage, but with few tiny differences: some of us love Tool, for instance, some others hate them (like me). Our biggest inspirations are Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden, Mastodon, Smashing Pumpkins and for what concern me, Joy Division, Metallica, Pyogenesis and Brooklyn legends Type O Negative.
5. How is the music scene going in your country?
A total shit. There's no real scene, no collaboration what so ever, very few good ideas but mostly no clubs to play in for young bands; only plenty of arrogance and boredom.
6. Tell us, if you have played abroad?
Unfortunately not yet, but if you'd like to help us change that, we'd highly appreciated!
7. HOT SUNDAY BLOOD has signed with Mervilton Records, tell more about that?
We were looking for someone who could distribute us abroad, Mervilton Records liked our music and so we signed a contract.
8. Give in more detail, some information about your latest album “New Omega” and how well it sells?
Our new album "New Omega" just came out on October 13th, so it's kinda early to say how it's going. We'd like to have a biggest range of visibility, that's for sure. Musically speaking, New Omega, it's an heavy rock album, with many non-rock influences such as English new wave and pop.
9. What is the difference between your newest album and the very first album?
Our first album was more grunge-oriented, while in this second one we're trying to collect more music genres. We'd like to resemble many others, but with a strong identity that's only ours.
10. Are you working on any music videos, might it be videoclip or lyric video?
We'd love to, but not for now.
11. What does the band plan on doing in near time?
We're planning some live shows in Italy to promote the album and in the near future an European Tour.
12. Thanks a lot for your time! It’s really nice to know more about you. Would you like to say anything to your fans and our readers?
Thank you for this opportunity and for all your readers: listen to "New Omega" and follow us on Facebook & take few minutes of your busy lives and we might became your favorite band!