Combination makers KRATORNAS put together a little of grindcore, raw black metal, death metal, and thrash metal to create a style all their own. So much so that they are set to make a devastating onslaught on the world of the metal scene. That said, guitarist Zachariah discusses the band's ways of celebrating the holiday season.
1. What are you doing for the holidays?
Zachariah: Visiting all "haunted places" around here if weather permits.
2. This Halloween season I did what?
Zachariah: Spreading hate through music!
3. Did you dress up this year?
Zachariah: Yes, it's always better to walk around with a raincoat on...
4. What is your favorite Halloween candy or treat?
Zachariah: Rambo bubblegum.
5. What are you thankful for?
Zachariah: Being surrounded by all the resources that I need.
6. Do you have a favorite dish for Thanksgiving or do you enjoy everything?
Zachariah: Dining at the Y with a red bearded taco.
7. Who's the one out of the band, that eats the most, when it comes to the holiday season?
Zachariah: Haven't seen Guzzarin since October. Can't say much about me. I never like food myself.
8. Do you or have you gone shopping on Black Friday, if so what did you find and buy? Or have you gone out to see the sights of the crowds?
Zachariah: Not worth waking up so early on that. It's overrated just like Boxing Day.
9. When it comes to the holiday season, does the band all get together, or does everyone do their own thing?
Zachariah: Last time I saw 'Guzzarin' was October. Haven't seen him since then except words on email, so no.
10. What is your favorite Christmas song to sing and why?
Zachariah: Four Strong Winds by Neil Young. It's so strong, makes me exhausted as hell.
11. One thing you really want for Christmas is what?
Zachariah: Any size 12 ginger is enough, thanks.
12. Do you still believe in Santa Claus? Enough so, that you would pay him a visit at the mall or other local events?
Zachariah: Santa Claus can keep frying his ass breaking in people's chimney but no, I'm the Grinch!
13. What type of Christmas tree do you prefer white or green or your own version?
Zachariah: My own version. It's actually a cactus with lots of balls!
14. Are you a late or early Christmas shopper?
Zachariah: Neither, but I do my groceries late to avoid people!
15. One thing you have to do on New Year's Eve?
Zachariah: From where I came from, we lit "whistle bombs" to welcome the new year. It's a warzone down there but up here, people sleep and it's dead quiet. Something that I can easily adopt.
16. Do you have any New Year's resolutions?
Zachariah: Same resolution that I have 10 years ago, nothing!