Great Fates' forthcoming EP release "Go Go Peristalsis" has seen it's release via Pineapple Record Co and the band themselves, has been gaining much anticipation among the fan base, awaiting to hear and see what these guys can do. They took the time to discuss a little about themselves and this EP of course.
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
I just like making tunes, sooooo I recorded some music and stuff. I (Harry) am basically the band. I like painting, eating pancakes, the probability that aliens exist in the universe, going to sit-down restaurants for cheap ass coffee, and colonial-era American attire.
2. What’s the origin of the band’s name?
I just kinds liked the light positivity and ring to "Great Fates". I was torn between that and "We Once Had Cats" but everyone thought that one was lame!
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
I'm based out of Hot Springs, AR. Arkansas is pretty dry when it comes to the scene. Check out the band "Couch Jackets" though, DOPE music to get down in a jungle jam to and super nice guys. Also "Ghost Bones", super dope girl-fronted Post-Punk and reallllly good friends of mine.
4. How would you describe your style?
It's been described as "tropical pop" by some. I would probably agree with that. Trop pop with a lofi twist.
5. What have you released so far and what can someone expect from your works?
I just released a six song EP through Pineapple Records out of Orlando called "Go Go Peristalsis", PLEASE check it out. Someone can expect sexy harmonies, raunchy production, beach vibes, and flashbacks to teenage emotions one thought would remain dormant forever.
6. Do you have any new music in the works?
I always have new music going on in my head. Just have to get around to recording it all. I'm planning on 2017 being totally crazy.
7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
I currently don't have any plans to tour soon, but I would love to at some point this year. So watch OUT.
8. What plans do you have for the future as a band?
I will totally get around to getting a lineup together and making more music super, super soon, I promise.
9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
Everywhere. Great Fates is on Spotify, Apple Music, Bandcamp, all that shit.
10. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
Maybe just remember that I recorded the whole record on my phone??? It's totally crazy, whole record recorded on an iPhone. Don't let anything keep you from making music, kids.