Aggressive metal quartet Beating Dead Meat are spending the holidays with their loved one's as any other person is during this time of year. So they decided to take some time to discuss how they celebrate the holidays.
1. What are you doing for the holidays?
We normally go and visit our folks back home. You don’t get to see them that much, so it’s nice to spend a couple of days with them.
2. This Halloween season I did what?
If I remember correctly, I think we went and partied a couple of days. There’s really not much else to do around here at that time.
3. Did you dress up this year?
Not really. Our drummer dressed up as Gaahl from Gorgoroth, so he didn’t really need to dress up at all.
4. What is your favorite Halloween candy or treat?
We rarely bake anything ourselves, so anything goes. After all, beggars can’t be choosers.
5. What are you thankful for?
A man should be thankful for every single day he manages to draw another breath. And of course we’re thankful that Amy Winehouse has managed to stay sober for the last five years.
6. Do you have a favorite dish for Thanksgiving or do you enjoy everything?
We don’t actually celebrate Thanksgiving in Finland, but if we did, it would be turkey. You have to appreciate turkeys. You can tell ‘em to get stuffed, and they never get insulted.
7. Who's the one out of the band, that eats the most, when it comes to the holiday season?
Guess it has to be our drummer, since he’s always eating chocolate and stuff anyway, be it Christmas or not.
8. Do you or have you gone shopping on Black Friday, if so what did you find and buy? Or have you gone out to see the sights of the crowds?
We skipped the whole Black Friday thing, since it really isn’t worth spending your day in a line waiting for a discount TV or whatever.
9. When it comes to the holiday season, does the band all get together, or does everyone do their own thing?
This year we all did our own thing, since we spend quite enough time together as it is.
10. What is your favorite Christmas song to sing and why?
It has to be Corey Taylor’s X-M@$. You tend to get an overdose of Christmas songs, so that one is just what one needs to balance it out.
11. One thing you really want for Christmas is what?
The only thing one needs for Christmas is a nice, succulent ham. Everything else, like world peace, is just a bonus.
12. Do you still believe in Santa Claus? Enough so, that you would pay him a visit at the mall or other local events?
You have to believe in him, otherwise you wouldn’t get any presents, now would you? We didn’t pay him a visit though, since it’s a bit of a weird sight, when four metalheads beg to sit on an old man’s lap. I think they’d call the police if we did that.
13. What type of Christmas tree do you prefer white or green or your own version?
Well, here in Finland we mostly use the real green ones, since we all basically live in the woods anyway. Seriously, you only need to take about ten steps from your porch, and boom, you’re in a forest.
14. Are you a late or early Christmas shopper?
Late ones. Really, really late ones. At the moment none of us have bought anything. Luckily there’s still a couple of days to stress over the whole shopping thing.
15. One thing you have to do on New Year's Eve?
You know, in Finland it’s basically mandatory to get a little hammered on New Year’s Eve, so that has to be it.
16. Do you have any New Year's resolutions?
Normally, on the first day of a new year, when you’re in the throes of the worst hangover ever, you promise never to drink quite as much. Of course we’ve failed the promise every single year, so guess it’s better not to make any resolutions.