Trio pop rock group Hey Brooklyn have released their debut EP "Party Girls", with current plans of activity being to develop their sound and style, creating all new tunes for the next year! Current activity as far as shows and touring are on the down low for the time being, but expect some to come up soon enough! That said, the band got into discussion about themselves, the EP, and what the future has in-store for them!
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
Hey Brooklyn consists of 3 members, Jack (vocals and guitar), Connor (backing vocals, bass) and Chad (Drums). Originally Connor and Jack went to the same Primary School and then Secondary, however didn't play in bands until around 2012. After a few bands flopped they formed Hey Brooklyn as an acoustic duo, later in 2016 bring Chad in to complete the line up.
2. What’s the origin of the band’s name?
Hey Brooklyn most people would think it comes from All Time Lows song Hello Brooklyn, but nope! That was just a coincidence, literally Jack sat it in his home studio and thought that's a cool name and Connor agreed.
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
We are from Cannock in Staffordshire, UK. Unfortunately the local music scene has slightly died off, as most bands we know have sadly called it quits recently, but that's not happening with Hey Brooklyn.
4. How would you describe your style?
Our style is all about fun, jokes and good times ... but we are a pop rock band that uses heavy hitting drums, strong guitar lines and lyrical hooks that stick in your head.
5. What have you released so far and what can someone expect from your works?
In March 2017 we released our debut EP 'Party Girls' which you can find on iTunes, Spotify and much more! When you listen to it be ready for catchy lines
6. Do you have any new music in the works?
We do actually! Currently we are back in the studio demoing a load of new tracks and developing our sound. We hope to have a new single out in the new year.
7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
We have taken a little break from shows at the minute to focus on our sound and development. We want every show to be special and that's definitely what we are on track for!
8. What plans do you have for the future as a band?
Our plans for the future? Now that's a big one, you'll just have to follow us to see!
9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
We are on all platforms such as iTunes, Amazon Music and Spotify! We also have merchandise which you can find on our Facebook.
10. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
Hopefully they remember the words, one of our goals is to have people sing our songs back to us.