Hard rockers St. James have quite the story to tell, in terms of their time as a band, releasing music, playing shows, and what have you. As it would have it though, bassist Robert Jacobs, goes into discussion about their most recent efforts "Resurgence", a best of release he says. As well as the in-depth input about how the band came about, their namesake, and much more!
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members?
Robert: Well Jimmy is my brother and Carl Canedy (The Rods) really ended up playing drums on the record because the other drummers weren’t able to take staying away from home or just couldn’t hack it. Having a world class producer/drummer like Carl Canedy taught us a lot.
2. What’s the origin of the band’s name?
Robert: It is a combination of both the names of my brother James and the singer John James.
3. Where is the band based out? What is your music scene like back there and are there any local bands you could recommend?
Robert: Carl is in Pennsylvania but we are primarily a Connecticut band. It seems like it’s mostly under ground Connecticut has Steelheart and Hatebreed 2 of the bigger breakout bands.
4. How would you describe your style?
Robert: AOR hard rock east coast style.
5. What have you released so far and what can someone expect from your works?
Robert: Our album "Resurgence", is primarily a best of. We have a video for the song "Attitude", coming out next week.
6. Do you have any new music in the works?
Robert: We will have a new album out in 2018.
7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
Robert: We are hoping to play Europe next year as well as some Connecticut shows.
8. What plans do you have for the future as a band?
Robert: Keep making new music and play music festivals.
9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
Robert: "Resurgence", can be found everywhere online at sites such as google, amazon. Apple and eBay among others. It just came out on vinyl.
10. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
Robert: I just hope it brings up some emotions happiness sadness or really anything that moves them.