Sweden's sleaze rock n' rollers TOXICROSE have been working upon their debut full-length album "Total Tranquility" for sometime, and now that it's upon the world, let their music shine and rock the world as we know it. Guitarist Tom discusses the debut release and what the future has in-store for these guys.
1. Let's start off with an icebreaker. If you could describe your band in 3 words, what would they be?
Tom: Heavy, Melodic, Outrageous!
2. What has ToxicRose been up to since we last spoke 3 years ago in 2013, that's where we discussed your 2012 release "Toxicrose" EP.
Tom: It’s been a busy time for sure, Playing shows and prepering for world domination! We put a lot of hard work into making this album. So we spend a long time writing songs and working on arrangements in our rehearsal studio to make the best album we could ever do. It took quite some time to make it and record it cuz we didn’t wanted to release anything but the goods.
3. What's the story behind the songs and videos for "World Of Confusion" and "We All Fall Down"?
Tom: Story? Haha no story just full blow performance in good old TOXICROSE style. Headbanging mayhem with an attitude!
4. What's your take on "Total Tranquility" as a whole?
Tom: Its got a good mixture of styles of songs and great energy, an album to listen to from start to finish and never wanna turn it off. Every song on the album is a killer track and something we are proud of, nothing but the best has been put into this album.
5. What's your favorite song on the album right this second!?!?
Tom: My fave would be the title track, Total Tranquility. Such a epic heavy song!
6. Is it important for you to paint visual pictures with the songs?
Tom: Paint pictures? No, I guess not, I thinks is more important if people crank the album to 11 and bang their heads like maniacs, hehe.
7. What would be the cinematic equivalent of "Total Tranquility"?
Tom: A big tinsel town production drama action with a psychotic thriller twist and a happy sweet ending. An awesome movie for the entire family!
8. Who did the cover art for "Total Tranquility" and how much input did you have on it?
Tom: A very talented artist from Spain Juanjo Castellano did the artwork for the album. We came with the original idea and worked very along with him to make sure we got it the way we wanted it, and he took it from there and came up with this badass piece of art. Great guy and I’m very pleased with his work.
9. Is there any story or concept behind the "Total Tranquility" title?
Tom: Yes, facing death and return back to life.
10. Who produced "Total Tranquility" and what was it like working with them?
Tom: We in the band produced Total Tranquility by ourselves, we knew what we wanted and it worked out pretty damn good.
11. Your debut "Self-Titled" EP was released through City Of Lights / Rock It Up Records and your debut album "Total Tranquility", was released through City Of Lights Records and Burning Skull Records, why the minor change-up?
Tom: No change-up? It’s still the same. City of Lights Records handles the CD-releases & Burning Skull Records is putting out the album on Vinyl.
12. How does it feel to have finally released a debut album, and then have your debut EP alongside it, did you ever think your band would have gotten to this point in your musical careers?
Tom: It feels great, it was the next step for us to take and I know a lot of people have been waiting for it. Well yeah I knew from the start that we would come to this point, and I know there will be more albums to follow. I have always believed in this band and I’m still a believer.
13. Why do you think VINYL has made such a comeback, as opposed to CD or digital MP3s. Which form do you prefer and why?
Tom: I have no clue why vinyl have made a comeback? But I think its cool that people start buying vinyls again! I’m a vinyl loving guy myself, its such a cool format. Big nice cover and great in every way, whats not to love about it?
14. What is your opinion on sites posting your guys material and other bands material?
Tom: Well I know people do it for a good cause, so I don’t wanna say anything bad about it. It’s just what the world look like nowadays I guess.
15. How do you guys feel about the classifications in metal? like modern metal , glam metal, heavy metal and other subgenres and how some get a negative rep.
Tom: I would just put us in the metal genre. Fuck subgenres, that's lame. but hey call us whatever you like as long as you love us!
16. Has Toxicrose ever played in the U.S.A. or plan to do so in the future?
Tom: I hope we will make it overseas someday, but it’s difficult nowadays… Hopefully it will happen in the near future, I would love to come over and give you some mean ass kicking TOXICROSE shows. cuz you deserve it!
Tom: Well I guess we have a whole package deal that many other bands don’t have with the look, sound and attitude in the TOXICROSE style, we do it our way. Other bands do it in another way, their way. It’s all good! I support a lot of other bands.
18. What does the band have planned for the rest of 2016?
Tom: Bringing the word of TOXICROSE to the masses, Playing a lot of shows and meet a lot of lovely fans. Hmm, that's about it for this year I guess.
19. Have you heard of Toxicrose?
Tom: Hey, I’m in the band?!?
20. Is that your final answer?
Tom: My final answer would be a shout out to all the TOXICROSE fans around the globe. Thank you for all the support and for all your love! Hope to see you all one day. Cheers!