The energetic duo You Want Fox, have been hard at work upon what will be their most recent album "Reverse The Curse". The duo goes into chatter about this album and all that it entitles, and where it will lead them with shows and touring!
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
We have played together in various projects over the years and had always talked about starting a grungy pop band. We have the same taste in music and decided to throw caution to the wind and give it a go.
2. Where did you get the idea for the band name, you planned it or came out just like that?
It was predictive text gone wrong! I can’t remember what I was trying to send in a text but it came out as "you want fox" and I thought it would make for an unusual band name.
3. Why did you want to play this genre?
We both love catchy tunes with hooks and harmonies-something that gets stuck in your head for days. We decided we really wanted to put our own spin on it and see what we could come up with.
4. Who or what inspires you to write songs?
Loads of things give us inspiration; films, TV shows, real life, other bands.
5. What are your songs about, what types of themes or topics do they cover?
They cover everything from saucy love songs to venomous hate songs haha! We have written songs after being inspired by Sons of Anarchy and Star Wars too.
6. Is there any story or concept behind the "Reverse The Curse" title?
When we first started out, a few things kept going wrong and we couldn’t work out why.
Once we realized what it was, all the bad luck stopped. So the title is a nod towards turning our fortune around and "reversing the curse".
7. Who did the cover art for "Reverse The Curse" and how much input did you have on it?
The cover was done by Rikki Marr from Hawk and Mouse, an illustrations company. We always have input into our artwork but we’re lucky to have Rikki on board who also understands what our vision is.
8. Who produced "Reverse The Curse" and what was it like working with them?
Jay Graham (the drummer from Ravens Creed) who runs Tenko Studios in Nottingham. That’s where we recorded and he produced the album. He’s great to work with and he worked really hard with us to get the sound we wanted.
9. What would be the reasoning behind checking out this album, why should we?
Because it’s got something for everybody. This album has a harder rock-edge compared to our debut album but it still has all the melodies and harmonies that’ll get stuck in your head.
10. How about plans for this year, what can be expected?
We are currently booking more gigs to take us to the end of the year so keep your eyes peeled for those and we have our album launch on April 27th at The Chameleon in Nottingham.