Aggressive, honest, and straight to the point metal go getters Malus Dextra, have released some material, played some shows as well. All new material and shows will follow this year, with who knows just what else these guys have in mind. The band talks of their current music releases, new music, and some band insight into who they are, formation, and much more.
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
The history of Malus Dextra, had connection's made over the years, come together to create MD. Co-owned by the vocalist and guitarist, had focused on producing metal music in a non-sub genre matter.
2. What’s the origin of the band’s name?
We needed something that could fit all spectrum's of metal, what better fitting then "Malus Dextra" (evil right hand).
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
Based out of St Louis MO, vocalist is in SE KS, there are some talented bands in the St. Louis area, my suggestion is to catch some shows.
4. How would you describe your style?
5. What have you released so far and what can someone expect from your works?
We released our self-titled album in 2017 - it was accompanied by the debut single "Traces of Hate" and our cover song of "Died In Your Arms". We then released our second single from that album in Feb. 2018 "Wanderer" that had a featured music video.
6. Do you have any new music in the works?
Yes, we are going into the studio in late April of 2018, to track two songs for the next album, we will then announce the first single in late 2018, with the album launching in 2019.
7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
This band started as a studio production, we are working to setup a Sept 2018 tour of the east coast.
8. What plans do you have for the future as a band?
Album launch in 2019, to be followed up with around every two years, limited touring so you will want to catch a show when you can.
9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
www.malusdextra.com is where you can find all of our links, along with the online store.
10. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
Emotional connection, we write from life and we work hard to convey that in our music.