Dirty Machine has brought forth the nu-metal genre to the forefront of the current music scene with their take on it. But besides that, David Leach vocalist of the band, took some time to disclose the matters of the holiday season, and what he does when that time of year comes each year!
1. What are you doing for the holidays?
David: Unfortunately I am working through them. The struggle is real!
2. This Halloween season I did what?
David: I delivered pizza at domino's!
3. Did you dress up this year?
David: I wish.
4. What is your favorite Halloween candy or treat?
David: Kit Kat! Always and forever!
5. What are you thankful for?
David: Being alive, and being able to chase mg dreams with my band.
6. Do you have a favorite dish for Thanksgiving or do you enjoy everything?
David: Actually for thanksgiving I like to eat the exact opposite of tradition. This year I had my Mom’s bow tie pasta.
7. Who's the one out of the band, that eats the most, when it comes to the holiday season?
David: Ummm I’m the fat one in the band. That would be me.
8. Do you or have you gone shopping on Black Friday, if so what did you find and buy? Or have you gone out to see the sights of the crowds?
David: Big crowds scare me. I guess it’s just the way the world is now. Growing up I never had to worry about people shooting up big crowds or running people over in trucks. Now that I’m 31 years old I’m petrified of big crowds.
9. When it comes to the holiday season, does the band all get together, or does everyone do their own thing?
David: We have a tradition in dirty Machine for Christmas. Since most of us disperse and go home for the holidays, we always make sure we go to the mall and take a picture with Santa. It’s extremely stupid yet funny. It’s now a 3 year running tradition. Santa is usually very confused.
10. What is your favorite Christmas song to sing and why?
David: The grinch. Mainly because I’m never ready for the holiday seasons. Its sucks when I’m in California and my family is in Missouri. Los Angeles can be a very lonely place during the holidays. So I relate to the Grinch the most.
11. One thing you really want for Christmas is what?
David: For my band to break through and make it.
12. Do you still believe in Santa Claus? Enough so, that you would pay him a visit at the mall or other local events?
David: We do visit Santa every year at the mall.
13. What type of Christmas tree do you prefer white or green or your own version?
David: I swear I am the Grinch. I don’t like Christmas trees.
14. Are you a late or early Christmas shopper?
David: When I have money I spend it. Doesn’t matter early, late or really late. Money burns a hole through my pockets.
15. One thing you have to do on New Year's Eve?
David: Every year I’m usually working. At least for the last 4 years I have worked on New Year’s Eve. I am a Lyft driver. So at midnight I try to make sure I’m by myself and parked. I try to just reflect on the year as the clock turns 12am. Once it’s 12am it’s a clean slate. My new year is what I make of it.
16. Do you have any New Year's resolutions?
David: FUCKING MAKE IT COUNT! AT ALL COSTS!