Swedish singer-songwriter, Nina Soderquist, has been best known for her starring role in Monty Phython's "Spamalot", that took place on London's West End. She currently has a single that is going up the charts titled "Goodbye", with many others also available within the digital market. Nina has also done some performance shows opening for Queen among others. Her current plans is to continue doing what she loves, performing, acting, and touring! Nina Soderquist herself talks about her acting, music, and future.
1. What do you like the most/least about being a actor/musician?
I get to work with what I love the most, music and people. I don't like the business. It's a lot that's fake and I hate that it is all about how famous you are and not so much about talent.
2. How have you achieved this career as an actor/musician?
With hard work, commitment, the attitude of never giving up and some more hard work!
3. What advice would you give to someone who wants to pursue these careers as well?
Be determent, don't listen so much to what other people tell you and NEVER give up!!!!
5. If you had to do it all over again, would you still choose this career? Would you do anything differently?
I would do it all again!
6. Itís common for musicians to be out of work for long periods of time. How can you supplement this time without work? How can you transition out of this period as quickly as possible?
I'm fortunate to have work almost all the time so I get by even on a "rainy day".
7. You have been well known for the starring role in Monty Python's "Spamalot" on London's West End, tell me about it.
Spamalot is a musical written by Eric idle and Monty Python is available on the internet just google it!
8. What do you think about being on this renendition of such a classic piece from a historic film? Have you seen the Monty Python classics or were you never a fan of their work?
I'm a python fan and have seen a lot of there work. It's amazing to have been able to work and meet them.
9. Besides being a part of that piece of art, another artistic piece is the single titled "Goodbye" a duet piece. Tell me about this track and how it came to be?
It's a duet I recorded with one of my great idols Björn Skifs. Its about breaking up with the love of your life. I wrote this song many years ago.
10. Does "Goodbye", come off a particular album or EP release from you or is it a single only?
11. Have you released any type of EP or album titles?
No, only singles, which can all be found on Spotify.
12. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
Hopefully I'm doing what I'm doing today. Performing, acting, and touring.
13. What do you have coming up for shows and or tours, anything in the works?
I'm going to Africa on a mission for the Swedish army forces.