To keep in the spirit of the holidays, Small Town Titans did their own spin on a classic track titled "You're A Mean One Mr. Grinch", taken from the storybook tale of "How The Grinch Stole Christmas". Thus, with that holiday topper, drummer Jonny Ross went into further holiday details about their holiday traditions, over the course of the fall holidays.
1. What are you doing for the holidays?
Jonny: I'll be spending time with my family and friends and helping spread the word about "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch", in interviews just like this one! Haha.
2. This Halloween season I did what?
Jonny: The band had a show for Halloween weekend.
3. Did you dress up this year?
Jonny: For our Halloween show, we dressed up in drag and became Phylis, Benaveve, and Joanie. On Halloween night itself, Phil and I went to see Highly Suspect in our hometown area. I threw on a top hat and shades and became Slash no problem!
4. What is your favorite Halloween candy or treat?
Jonny: Reese's. Hand's down. Any kind. Cups, minis, pieces. Doesn't matter.
5. What are you thankful for?
Jonny: All of the tremendous success our band has begun to see this year.
6. Do you have a favorite dish for Thanksgiving or do you enjoy everything?
Jonny: Stuffing all the way.
7. Who's the one out of the band, that eats the most, when it comes to the holiday season?
Jonny: Phil. He is a vacuum cleaner in general.
8. Do you or have you gone shopping on Black Friday, if so what did you find and buy? Or have you gone out to see the sights of the crowds?
Jonny: I have gone shopping on Black Friday. Not for me at all anymore. I'll buy my stuff online from the comfort of my home instead for sure.
9. When it comes to the holiday season, does the band all get together, or does everyone do their own thing?
Jonny: Depends on the day. Family is most important but we try to get together as a band once or twice a week.
10. What is your favorite Christmas song to sing and why?
Jonny: Haha I believe I now have to say "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch" don't I?
11. One thing you really want for Christmas is what?
Jonny: Keurig coffee maker. Absolutely.
12. Do you still believe in Santa Claus? Enough so, that you would pay him a visit at the mall or other local events?
Jonny: Absolutely man. You just gotta believe.
13. What type of Christmas tree do you prefer white or green or your own version?
14. Are you a late or early Christmas shopper?
Jonny: Late. Late. Late.
15. One thing you have to do on New Year's Eve?
Jonny: Play an incredible fucking show for our hometown fans.
16. Do you have any New Year's resolutions?
Jonny: Honestly no. I'm a believer in making changes to better your life any day of the year. You don't have to wait until January 1st 2018!
17. Sticking to the holiday Christmas time, you went on to do a cover of "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch", how come?
Jonny: We had been covering the song around the holiday season for fun over the past few years. When we booked studio time for this past summer, one of our consultants suggested doing a Christmas cover. We arranged our own version of it as a result and the rest is history.
18. Would you say that "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" is one of your favorite Christmas holiday specials?
Jonny: Truth be told, I've loved the old school Rudolph claymation since I was little the most, but I've always been a fan of the story of the Grinch in itself. There's a wonderful moral there.
19. Besides releasing that cover song of "new" material, is there any other new music underway from you guys?
Jonny: There is. Stay tuned. :-)
20. Have any other plans or words you would like to express right here, right now?
Jonny: Thank you so much to anyone who has discovered Small Town Titans recently thanks to our rendition of "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch"! We're a straight up rock n' roll band releasing new material all the time and we look forward to meeting as many of you as we can on the road in 2018!