Rock act, Trapt, have been around for 20 years now, best known for such hits as "Headstrong", "Echo", and "Still Frame". During those 20 years, they have released countless albums, toured here and there, and have written and recorded what will be their seventh album "DNA" a more in-depth and deeper album than their previous content. Bassist Peter Charell or "Pete" discusses this release, their 20 year status and more.
1. You guys have been a band for nearly 20 years, so did you end up doing anything in celebration of that mile stone?
Pete: We started the band in 1997. We have been a band for almost 19 years. Maybe we'll have a surprise for our 20 year anniversary.
2. What accomplishments are you most proud of as a band?
Pete: We are proud to still be a band that is touring and releasing records. We are proud of all of our album releases.
3. What's it like releasing your seventh album to date, can you tell me a little bit about it?
Pete: It's great to be releasing a new album. We produced and recorded this one ourselves and are very excited for everyone to hear it.
4. What can fans expect from the new Trapt album?
Pete: This album is a continuation of Trapt's progression as a band. DNA has the Trapt sound, but might be a little more organic and deeper than our previous releases.
5. What was the writing and recording process like for the album?
Pete: The writing process was pretty much the same as all the other records for this one. We recorded and produced this album ourselves at The Omen Room in Garden Grove, CA. Peter Charell (bass player) works there and handled the engineering duties.
6. When did you start writing for this album? How was the songwriting process different/similar
to previous Trapt albums?
Pete: We wrote a few songs starting back in 2014 and then the rest came together in 2015 right before we went in the studio. Having the connection with the studio enabled us to track songs that we wrote, go home write more and then come back and record those.
7. Why do you think people should check out your new album once released?
Pete: People should check out this record because it's still Trapt, but is deeper/more organic than the previous stuff.
8. What do you think of your fans?
Pete: Our fans are amazing. We couldn't do what we do without them.
9. What does next year hold for Trapt?
Pete: We are releasing our record this year and playing tons of shows.
10. Describe Trapt in three words.
Pete: A rock band.