Fearless Vampire Killers, have finally made it overseas, and are in the U.S.A! They are currently on tour, touring across the U.S. playing shows here and there, pit stopping for some showcases in California, the band took some time after their Los Angeles show, to talk about how it is to be here in the U.S. of A! Check out the video portion HERE and read about it all below!
1. Welcome to the U.S.A.
Band: Thank you, thank you very much!
2. How does it feel to be here, let alone in California?
Kier: Yeah. It's been different. It's all been a bit to take in. Like when you see it, on TV a lot, I realized on the plane over, watching all of these films, because we got ages to go, and all of them are over here in America. Just remembering how much of these films and our culture is American culture, then you're actually here and it's real.
Drew: You then actually realize, that these places actually exist, is when your actually there. It's wild!
3. Well these U.S. performances be any different than the U.K. performances?
Kier: Kind of, I mean, we are less in our element, so we are adapting, for the circumstance. But ya know, it's the same old Fearless Vampire Killers, just in a different part of the world, I guess. At the end of the day, it's still another venue. I mean we are in our element.
4. How do you think the U.S. fans, will react to your presents and performances?
Kier: The few that we do have, have been amazing. I guess the idea is kind of, it's a bit of discovery for us, because we didn't know if there was anyone here, at all that knew of us. I mean, we have a few, messages online from people. I mean, the first show was last night, there's people here tonight, for the second night, singing all the words. We are pretty amazed we gota say.
5. When it comes to performing each and every night, does the time fly bye or stand still?
Band: I don't really know. It many ways it depends on how well it's going, if something is going wrong, then something will happen. That you just can't remember what happens. It all just depends really. That's the way it goes.
6. What is one special effect or stage prop that you would like to see used in your sets?
Band: A giant dildo.
Drew: I wanted to be at my drum set, and set myself on fire. But that would burn the gear.
7. What emotions were running through you, when you were crossing over to the U.S.?
Kier: On the plane?
Kier: I am still excited about being on planes! My parents, never had any money, so I think the first time I flew on a plane, no it must have been the second time, I am not use to flying, so I am still like "wow". Like we're in the air, looking out of the windows, look how far the ground is, that's actually exciting than actually going to the U.S.A. So yeah it was all pretty exciting.
Band: Too many films to watch! Like 11 hours worth of films to watch.
8. What do you miss the most when out on tour?
Kier: I will let you know, we are only 2 days in. But in general, baths I just lied.
Band: I miss the left side of the road.
Kier: I don't miss too much. Hotels our better than our own houses.
9. Have you noticed the economy effecting your show attendance or merchandise sales?
Kier: That's a very corporate question. Umm no? The economy has always been fucked ever since we have been in a band anyways. So there's no difference really. Sales figures and projections have all been down. I don't know.
10. For a lot of your performance and photo shoots, you dress up, why go with this approach, as opposed to the regular t-shirt and jeans or pants set-up?
Kier: Because don't know. I personally believe, in order to be an icon, people need to look up to you. If you go on stage, looking like they are about to fix your boiler, it's not impossible, it's harder to put them on a pedestal.
11. When the show ends, each and every night, what do you do?
Band: Normally outside.
Kier: Well tonight it was outside, then maybe to the bathroom, then somewhere else, mixing it up, don't know. All depends, whatever takes my fancy.
12. You have conquered the U.S. but where else do you want to go?
Band: France, Germany, Japan.
Kier: We have a bit of conquering to do, but we have already conquered San Francisco and Los Angeles, California to start.
13. Once this tour is over, what do you have planned afterwards?
Kier: Christmas! I am not even joking, I love Christmas! I am going back home, going to be dressing up as Santa Claus or maybe an Elf. I have not decided yet. But besides that, we have other stuff, we have been working on, that we can't tell you about.
14. Anything else you'd like to say to the fans out there?
Kier: I can't wait to meet ya!
Kier: Thanks for putting up with us for this long, and hopefully we will see you soon.