Fearless Vampire Killers, will make their first ever overseas debut in the U.S.A come the tour, entitled "The Revel Without A Cause Tour" with Davey Suicide and William Control. This would be the the kick starter, for the band, as they have never been overseas before, and while this tour was a huge successor on their part, the band is just beginning to embrace themselves as musicians, as their craft builds from here on out! Bandmates Kier and Laurence, discusses what the experience will be like, coming overseas and what the future has in-store for them!
1. You guys have made it to the U.S. come The Revel Without A Cause Tour happening this fall - how does this feel?
L: It feels fantastic touring the US is one of the reasons we do this. Watching DVDs as a kid and seeing our favorite bands do it has made it a dream for some time! This is where we're supposed to be.
2. What was running through your minds when you heard the news and whose idea was it to bring you guys out to the states?
K: Many things! Mainly we're realizing a dream of ours and entering totally new territory. The US is so similar and yet so different to the UK you see. Everything is exciting to us brits! Our home friend William Francis of William Control fame had the idea. As he's lovely!
3. This will be your first U.S. tour have any of you been to the U.S. before?
L: A few of us had been to Florida however most of the band had never been until we recorded our album this July with William Control!
4. What are your expectations for this tour and being here in the U.S.?
K: I think it will be great!! Supporting Wil in the UK pretty much started our career at home and this is his territory. We've also got a fair few fans scattered around that we've been meaning to play to for ages! Totally ready to melt some faces!!!
5. If you could think of one thing you would like to accomplish the most through this tour what would that be and why?
L: We'd just really love to meet you all! It's all about us building a base that we can build on later. This is the start of a beautiful relationship.
6. What have you done to prepare yourselves for the tour?
K: Well at this stage we're just at the start of a 21 date UK tour!! We then have about a week and we're off to you. So we're going to be greased up and ready for you!
7. What could one expect from a Fearless Vampire Killers show?
L: Sweat, nonsense. A goth party not for the faint of heart. Generally we just have fun with it but love to keep the audience close. Wait and see!
8. Do you remember the first show your band played?
K: Yes it was in a shit venue called the Miller near London bridge. There was 3 people there.
9. How do you promote your band and shows?
L: All the usual really. Everyone seems to exist on Facebook these days! However we have a great street team too that work really hard doing all sorts of silly things on our behalf!
10. What do you do to get ready for a show?
K: drink quite a bit. Have a little sing. Throw around some talcum powder and stick our hands in the middle for some good luck love!
11. Once the tour in the U.S. is over what do you have planned afterwards?
L: We're going into full Album 2 mode. There's loads to do. The songs are massive and so the campaign will need to be too!! We have loads of ideas and a totally new story to play out!!
12. What do you guys have planned for Halloween Eve and Halloween?
K: We're releasing a single!! "All Hallows Evil" written for Halloween. It's a corker of a song. Rather heavy. So we're sharing that with the world and then playing a Goth Festival the next day!
13. Tell me about the song and video for "All Hallows Evil" and why did you want to have this be that Halloween treat?
L: The song was originally written for a British Kids TV show on which we were going to perform said track. We wanted to represent the British heavy music scene correctly so we made it full on. The Video was hilarious. We've been running with this Zombie theme for the campaign. So we grabbed a load of friends and went a military bunker and partied FVK style. The zombie attack was actually real. It's a documentary.
14. Where are you in the recording process of the new album?
K: Mixing :) it's nearly done! Just polishing our collective turd.
14. How is the vibe in the studio?
L: it was really collaborative actually! There was a creative aura. And lots of frozen cocktails!
15. You've been working with William Francis on and off how has your relationship been with him and what is it about him that be brings to the table for you guys?
K: yeah we've become really close. He's a proper musician and very loyal. I think we get on as he wants us to be just as big as we do! He's made this album fully smash your face off!
16. What label will be releasing the album?
L: We don't know yet. Still talking.
17. How would you describe the overall sound of the new album?
L: A-ha! Smooching with GG Allin.
18. When did you start writing for this album? How was the songwriting process different/similar to previous Fearless Vampire Killers releases?
L: Some of the songs are 5 years old! But most of it was written the month prior to it being recorded. In 2 weeks.
19. When can we expect the new album to be released?
K: I would say spring 2014 with any luck. But these things can change!
20. What advice can you give to fellow bands and people who want to do what you're doing?
K: Work REALLY hard. Because if you don't. Someone else will. Most of all enjoy it whilst it happens!
21. What are the remaining plans that you guys have for the rest of this year into next year?
L: Touring takes us nearly up to Christmas. Then we're dating some serious food and getting down with our families and all that!
22. How do you manage to do what you do what is it about being a musician that keeps you going?
K: The fans. Physically and just the amount of creativity we have in our fan base. They're mental!! It reminds me people ARE awesome.
23. Why did you decide to form a band?
L: We did it for fun when we were kids. Then we decided that this was right. That we could actually make something of it!
24. What is it you'd like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
K: I'd want them to get lost in something a little more interesting than this world!
25. Anything you'd like to say to your fans?
L: We're looking forward to meeting you!! Hold tight!