Melodic death thrashers, Kinnefret, have released an EP, debut full-length, and are already in the process of working on new music, playing more shows, and just gives us the run down on who they are and what they are all about....
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
Artak ozan moved to USA in 2011 from Turkey and started Kinnefret right away,at first he started jamming with a drummer Ben Gibbs and after a year they started playing shows, Artak was the singer and guitar player, Ben Gibbs on drums and Jim Pegram on guitars.
After awhile Ben Gibbs left the band and Artak asked Aran Pakkhoo drummer from Necrosin to join the band, he was a great drummer and brought a whole new sound to the band. One day that they were jamming at Guitar Center studios they noticed a great vocal sound from next door, they went to check out who it was, it was Chelsea Rocha, they asked her if she wants to join the band as the main singer, the answer was yes. they've been playing together till today, they've been through few bass players but no one as their permanent bassist, but still searching for one...
2. What’s the origin of the band’s name?
It's pretty much a middle eastern name, Kinnefret means Hate Grudge.
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
We are based out of Oakland California, there are a lot of good local bands out here, I'd say Alterbeast, Cultural Warefare, Venting Machine, The King Must Die, Hatriot, Embryonic Devourment, etc.
4. How would you describe your style?
We are a female fronted Iranian American melodic death thrash, influenced by middle eastern and European death metal.
5. What have you released so far and what can someone expect from your works?
We released an EP in 2012 and a full length in May 23rd 2016, a harmonized brutal sounding death metal with middle eastern influences.
6. Do you have any new music in the works?
Yes we have already started working on our new album.
We just came back from our mini tour in California, and getting ready to hit the road, as soon as we find a good booking agency.
8. What plans do you have for the future as a band?
Playing more shows and travel outside of USA, to spread our music and playing bigger shows.
9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
We are on Spotify, CDBaby and iTunes you can purchase our music from those websites.
10. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
How well everything is sounding together. The harmonies and vocals and acoustic guitar parts.