Belle Noire, has been hard at work, writing and recording for their newest and latest album, "What It Means to Be". It's available for pre-order HERE with the single "Green", off it HERE. Find out what the band had to say about it, and themselves below.
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
We were founded in 2012, in San Jose, CA. Just a group of guys that had similar aspirations, similar backgrounds, and similar influences. The band was originally an instrumental outfit, but they wanted a vocalist. I found their ad and came in and listened to a practice, wrote to a few existing songs, and then from there we began writing together for what would become our first self titled EP.
2. What is the origin of the band's name?
Our first Bassist, and still near and dear to the band Kenny came up with the name, his goal was "black beauty" which is what we want our music to be essentially, dark and beautiful.
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
We are out of San Jose, CA. The scene here is pretty cool, We cant complain. Plenty of local talent to check out in the greater northern California area like: Drawing Heaven, Ourfathers, Wolf and Bear, Artcls, Brave Season, Curious Quail, A yawn Worth Yelling, Demon in Me, Humboldt, The Soonest, Wander, Strawberry Girls, Ghost Parade, septacy to name a few off the top of my head.
4. How would you describe your style?
Ambient textures paired with a rock songwriting.
5. What can fans expect from the new What it Means to Be album?
It a very personal record to us, and for me. Its an honest, heartfelt collection of songs that we poured all we could into. it has some moods.
6. What was the writing and recording process like for this album?
The writing and recording process for this record was far from ordinary. In total it took the greater part of 2 years, due to some personal issues away from the band, but we bound together and laid it down with Dryw Owens, and over the years he has become a 6th member of the band basically.
7. Why do you think people should check out your new album once released?
Because its a record that we are really proud of. It is dynamic, and moody.
8. How would you say you differ from other bands and artists on the scene?
I feel like our sound sets us apart a bit, with the lush washy reverbs/Delays, but with a rock songwriting feel.
9. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
We are touring in July with Hail the Sun and Eidola, and There are talks of touring in September!
10. What plans do you have for the future as a band?
Write and record more records! Tour more! Exist and grow as a band.
11. What do you want to achieve as a band?
We never really set expectations for anything we do, we Want everything we do, or achieve, no matter how small to be organic. So we definitely push and promote, but we approach it with a "come what may" attitude.
12. What is it you'd like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
That all the songs are truly written from feel.
13. Describe Belle Noire in three words.
Loud, Proud, Honest.