For 13 year old singer/rapper Samual Judah or "Buggy" he took hardcore metal and rap metal together as one, to create a style of sound all his own. Which he likes to calls it Alarm For War with the band's debut EP 'Enemies Of The State". Samual Judah A.K.A. Buggy goes into chit chat about this release, how the band formed, influences, goals for the band, current singles off this EP, and what the future holds.
1. How did your band form?
After taking a trip to the studio where, the singer noticed me singing on key with what he was doing, I simply ran a test run in the studio and, the rest is history! :-)
2. What accomplishments are you most and least proud of as a band?
I am very, very happy with how the whole EP came out! There is not really anything that I think would be the least proud of concerning this band. :-)
3. How has being in a band impacted your life?
Well, I think it is very cool to be the frontman of a band, LOL, I am very grateful to be that. :-) So far, it has had a great impact on my life!
4. How do you describe your sound to people who ask you what your band sounds like?
Rage Against The Machine on steroids, Alice In Chains styled singing, Pantera aggression etc.
5. Do you have any major goals for your band?
Yes, reaching the next generation of young people with a positive message!
6. Who are some of your biggest influences music wise?
POD, The Brave, etc.
7. How about when it comes to the song writing, what are your songs about and how is the song writing process laid out?
In a lot of ways today, the young people of America have been subjected to everything and protected from nothing, so, we focus our lyrics on giving the young people a clear life inspiring message!
8. "Love and Not Hate" and "Day Turned to Night" were both made into singles as well as videos. Can you disclose what these tracks are about and their videos as well? Will there be anymore songs off the EP to receive this format?
-Love And Not Hate -
Since when did hate ever tell the truth? Lots of people think that, when someone tells them the truth, their being hateful. Let me ask you a question, if you see someone playing in the street, and you see a car coming endangering someone’s life, what would you do? Would you tell them to get out of the street because their is a car coming, or would you just smile and say nothing? Of course not! It would be love to tell them to get out of the street because if they didn’t, they are going to get hit by the car. This is average thinking now-a-days, which is why this song was written… setting the record straight.
Love And Not Hate is a song written to tell people the truth and letting them know that we are preaching LOVE and NOT hate. As the song goes, “Enemies of the State we’re not reprobate were preaching LOVE AND NOT HATE”… Therefore, if someone is telling you the truth, remember they love you enough to do so.
-Day Turned To Night -
Day turned to night is a song about a kid named Zach who went through a drug rehabilitation program for a drug use. Zach was continuously being warned about his drug use, because if he did not stop, it just may claim his life. Zach refused to listen to the warnings, and soon enough, Zach was found dead in a bathroom after huffing chemicals.
God was warning Zack through people to quit it. Standing around his dead body, someone shouted out, “Where’s your God at now?” a young man replied, “The same place He was when he was warning Zach.” Don’t blame God for the warnings that went unheeded!
9. Why go with a title like "Enemies Of The State"? What does it actually mean for the EP's sake?
Going against the flow, actually spreading a positive message rather than a negative.
10. Can you describe to me the story behind the artwork for "Enemies Of The State"?
In your face with Aggression, musical application spread even.
11. Which of the tracks off this EP "Enemies Of The State" would you say is your favorite and why
Control Of My Mind; I love the aggressive rap and that whiny, wicked kind of singing! :-)
12. What's your take on "Enemies Of The State" as a whole?
I think it is a very well put together album! If I could re-do it, I wouldn’t change anything.
13. What would be the cinematic equivalent of "Enemies Of The State"?
The Patriot, Braveheart, The Passion of The Christ
14. Is it important for you to paint visual pictures with the songs off this EP?
Yes! A lot of painting. LOL
15. Do you feel any aspects of the EP were overlooked?
No. It was recorded and engineered by the Midwest’s best. Grammy award winners on the edit and on the mastering as well. Does it get any better?
16. Describe your relationship with your fans in one word?
17. What’s in the future for Alarm For War?
Reaching the masses with the AFW Message of hope and truth!