Shallow Ground have been around since the 90's, disbanding in 98 to only get back together in 08. As of March 2016 the once 4 piece turned into a 3 piece trio, as they take thrash metal head on. Currently working on all new music, with other plans underway! Guitarist/vocalist Keith Letourneau discusses their releases, show time, and more.
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
Keith: We have been around for a while since 1993 or so, dispensed in 1998 and back together in 2008. We were a 4 piece thrash unit till March of 2016. Now we are a 3 piece in your face straight up thrash and will be for a long time to come.
2. What’s the origin of the band’s name?
Keith: I work in a sewage treatment plant aka shit plant lol . The old sludge beds have a crust of 6"to 12" over it feels like solid ground but in some spots the ground is shallow and if you step there you in 6-9 feet of shit lol so that is Shallow Ground.
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
Keith: We are based in Central Connecticut, in the Meriden area. There are some killer bands around here and the scene is very good. My favorite bands from here are Sonick Plague , Crossing Rubicon , Kaos Regains to name a few.
4. How would you describe your style?
Keith: Thrash old school, tight straight up thrash.
5. What have you released so far and what can someone expect from your works?
Keith: 2 CD's out on Killer Metal Records from Germany, End of Everything in 2013 and Embrace the Fury in 2015. Recording new CD now. But you can find our CD's at Killer metal records website for Europe, Asia, South America and Australia. Contact us for USA and North America .You can expect straight up thrash no bull shit just thrash in its natural fast form.
6. Do you have any new music in the works?
Keith: Yes, we are recording new CD now.
7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
Keith: No tour plans yet but shows are always fun.
8. What plans do you have for the future as a band?
Keith: Make more music and try to get it to anyone who likes it.
9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
Keith: We are practically everywhere and you can download it from all the usual digital download sites worldwide. Or hit us or our label up see above a few questions ago.
10. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
Keith: We love thrash and it shows in our tunes. Thanks for your time.