Hellbros a band of brothers literally, Peter Jurt (vocals/guitars) and Christian Jurt (guitars) came together to make this band happen with childhood friends Josh Roy (drums/vocals) and Mat "Spag" Collins (bass/vocals). Through the years they have played shows, toured, and released material. During the summer though, where they would play an array of festivals, they would also create all new music, in the form of a new song, made single, turned video for a little track titled "Feed It", set to come off their next full-length album "Take The Animal" due in time come 2018. Brother and frontman vocalist/guitarist Peter Jurt discusses the single, new album's process, and plans ahead.
1. What role do you play in the band?
Peter: I yell into a mic and slay the axe (lead vocals and guitar for the lay person).
2. Hellbros is your namesake, but why is that? Does the name represent a meaning or is it just a name?
Peter: It actually came from a screenplay I wrote with our drummer Josh called Rock N Roll Acid Zombies.
3. What has influenced your sound and style?
Peter: 90's Skate Punk, 80's Hair Metal and lots of beer and weed.
4.What are your songs about? (What specific themes do they cover?)
Peter: Hedonism seems to come up a lot.
5. Do you write your own songs? (Discuss the song writing process in detail.)
Peter: We do write our own songs, everyone takes a slightly different route as we all pitch in when it comes to writing.
6. How do you describe your music to people?
Peter: Power Slop with tinge of tiger blood.
7. What image do you think your music conveys?
Peter: Living fast and fierce.
8. What's your take on "Feed It" in terms of it being a single and then video?
Peter: I dunno, what's your take on it?
9. What is the concept behind the video for "Feed It", how did it all come together with the video game appeal?
Peter: Well we have this friend Petr Maur who is an awesome dude and great filmmaker and he makes these rad laser guns because he's also a mad scientist of sorts like Rick from Rick and Morty and we invited him over to our farm to and he made us run and run and run and shoot at imaginary enemies in the skies which later became video game characters.
10. "Take The Animal", is the follow-up sophomore album to your self-titled debut album, so what differences or comparisons do you see will be made this time?
Peter: I think we've got some good songs, possibly some our best.
11. Will this album have a concept to go with it, and have you decided upon the album's artwork, since the title was already chosen?
Peter: We're toying with the idea of Big Foot partying and he may have a big ol hog.
12. How do you think the writing and recording process will go for "Take The Animal"?
Peter: It will go great.
13. Have you picked out which producer will be at the table for "Take The Animal"?
Peter: We're gonna be working with our good friend Dean Hadjichristou from All Buttons In Studio who will record and co-produce the record and Riccardo Passini will be back mixing.
14. How would you say you differ from other bands and artists on the scene?
Peter: We've been at it a longer than most bands and we like think we're the best looking band we know.
15. What do you want to achieve as a band?
Peter: World Domination.
16. What does next year hold for you guys?
Peter: With the new record coming out we hope to hit the road and find a label help put this sucker out.
17. Describe Hellbros in three words.
Peter: Loud, Drunk, Ugly.