SAR ISATUM is the symphonic black metal band to not be messed with, as they have high expectations of their upcoming debut album "Shurpu". In which, they have released their self-titled track from this forthcoming debut release. Check out the track HERE and find out more insight into whom SAR ISATUM is in terms of style, sound, the album process and future plans.
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members. Why did you want this to be a trio, as opposed to a full fledged band.
The band started when JP Dalkhu moved to Denver after finishing a tour and playing the 70 tons of metal with the Colombian band Thy Antichrist and approaching C.C with the intention of starting a black metal band and finding members, we then connected with local keyboard player Lord Dahthar and local guitar player H.T and started working on creating the band, shortly after Demothi joined as our front man, as we progressed we parted ways with Lord Dahthar, we then entered the studio and recorded SHURPU. Shortly after we also parted ways with H.T after we made the decision to have live musicians for our live shows. We are three permanent members in the band as of now.
2. What’s the origin of the band’s name?
Sar stands for king/Lord and Isatum for fire in the summerian dialect, we wanted a different and unique name which is hard to do in a saturated metal world and also not your typical black metal band name. Fire is a devastating force, it represents life and death and we are the conducts of Sar Isatum.
3. How would you describe your style, to someone who has never heard your style before.
Ethereal, cryptic, symphonic, extreme black metal.
4. Why did you think that self-titling a track and having it as your single was the right decision?
It's the song that best represents the band, the influence of every member involved with a lot of different elements within the genre. It's the best introduction of SAR ISATUM to the listener.
5. Where are you in the process of your debut album and when can we expect to see it released?
The album is complete, we are in the process of looking for a fitting label that will push the band and the album, if we do not find the right label for this release, we will self release it before the year ends.
6. What can be said about this self-titled track that has not already been said about it?
Besides being one of the most epic songs off the album, this track leads a way to what to expect in the existence of the band and our sound.
7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything in the works?
In the short amount of time we have been active, we have played great shows and the response has been phenomenal, our first two shows were at one of the best venues in Denver, The Gothic Theater and the turnout was great. Our name quickly got around and we got offered to play with Abigail Williams followed by UADA and Inquisition. We also just got picked to play with Belphegor, Cryptopsy, and Hate show in November, and we will most definitely be touring our album in the states next year after it has been released, we will be an active band and we will be spreading the fire across the Nation.
8. What other plans can we expect to see from you guys?
Besides national tours we will be working on playing fests world-wide.
9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
Bandcamp - https://sarisatum.bandcamp.com/releases
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyNKRk9Z_f8
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/sarisatum
10. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
The epic intro leading to a climax of cryptic symphonic black metal.