Mylee's Dying Wish is an up-and-coming band that has been through a lot, since it's formation sometime ago. But since then, the band has gone on to write and record for one release titled "Beauty Of Transformation", with current plans on the follow-up release titled "Gensis Fallen Chapter". Frontman vocalist and co-founder Brenden Alexander, discusses their past release, and current process with the new release, and whatever else these guys have got lined-up between now and the rest of this year!
1. Introduce yourself, tell me what you do in Mylee's Dying Wish, and how long the band has been together?
Brenden: I'm Brenden Alexander, vocalist and co-founder of the band. This band has been around for 3 years now.
2. Your name is Mylee's Dying Wish, who is Mylee?
Brenden: Mylee was an old friend of mine, which I have known since our time together, during middle school of 2006. She is an out-going and awesome person to hang out with!
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
Brenden: We're based in the metropolis of Indianapolis, IN. A lot of great bands come to Indy and jam-out! Sadly though, we don't know any artists that are close to us, so we couldn't really recommend any, right now.
4. Would you say that the creature featured on the artwork for "Beauty Of Transformation" is Mylee?
Brenden: Yes. The creature from Beauty of Transformation is Mylee. Whi is our beloved mascot!
5. How would you say that "Beauty Of Transformation" and "Genesis Fallen Chapter" are different, comparable, and equal to one another?
Brenden: Beauty Of Transformation was a rough demo that had two tracks on it, "Possessive Kiss" and "My Beautiful Damnation". Both will be featured on the "Genesis Fallen Chapter" EP, that is going to take a different prospect format, with mature writing and materials to make the tracks from before sound totally different!
6. Does "Beauty Of Transformation" and "Genesis Fallen Chapter" have any connections to one another, like a continuation of a theme or story or anything?
Brenden: Beauty Of Transformation does have a story to it. Due to the concept writing of it, it's about being under possession, while also being damned by the so called society, with our own souls being trapped within a doll, if that makes any sense. Did I mention that the doll wonders across the Astral plains as well? That is what these stories will be about, the telling of this as well as the beautiful abomination that's cast out of heaven, as she wonders around in the holy valley, as she spends her time at the spring, where the garden once existed. It will comes together and will make better sense when the album comes out.
7. Where are you in the recording process of the new EP?
Brenden: We are on the final production of the album right now. It will be laid out with the vocals and instruments, going through the album, from start to finish, making sure everything sounds just right, before it gets released, which will be very soon.
8. Who produced "Genesis Fallen Chapter" and what was it like working with them?
Brenden: Brian Bones was the one to produce and engineer this album, he worked on it, over at The Lodge Studio, which is on the North Side of Indy.
9. Who did the cover art for "Genesis Fallen Chapter" and how much input did you have on it?
Brenden: Koery Smith, was the one we worked with, for the concept artwork to go with this album. If you love seeing trippy things with awesome backgrounds, then this is the album for you!
10. Is there any story or concept behind the "Genesis Fallen Chapter" title?
Brenden: "Genesis Fallen Chapter" has some themes to it's title. One is mainly the theme revolving around the girl, and her legacy of ruling the holy valley. That place was branded by the Catholics, as the forbidden valley, due to God's abomination living within the holy circle itself. This caused the artifacts to be scattered within the spring, that no one even knew that was even a secret within it.
11. What label will be releasing the EP?
Brenden: We're not signed as of right now. We're thinking about releasing our first mini album independently ourselves.
12. What are your songs about? (What specific themes do they cover?)
Brenden: The theme of the songs, goes with a dark theme, dealing with damnation, beauty, God, legacy, as well as the stars, and everything hidden in-between. It's a very in-depth process really.
13. Do you write your own songs? (Discuss the songwriting process in detail.)
Brenden: I write the songs, but I write them in a whole another format. My form really takes people by surprise and it makes it, like no one else has ever done with music writing. It has such a different style, that it brings out an aggressiveness, and melodic tones to it, that it makes it compact into such an amazing piece of art!
14. Who are your musical influences?
Brenden: That would have to be Dani Filth of Cradle Of Filth, I'd really want to thank him for giving me and us as a band, the strength to push ourselves forward with making our dream a reality. Besides him, there are so many great artists out there, that can give anyone a great imagination to write some awesome tracks, to just turn out to be wickedly awesome!
15. How do you describe your music to people?
Brenden: Our music has a really nice dark element, with a nice melodic feel to it! Like our music is perfect for people who love, those crazy guitar riffs and solos, that have that melodic feeling to it. It's really meant for those who want to have a smoke, while enjoying our music, it's just that trippy!