Nu-metal and metalcore group HERUIN just got signed recently, releasing their new single made video for "Addict" off their upcoming debut EP of the same name which is out now everywhere! The band goes on to give some more input about the EP, single and wanting to go on tour!
1. Would you please introduce your band to our readers who are not aware of your band and music?
Hello everybody, we are Heruin and we create evil music. If you want to understand more of what we sound like, go listen to our recently released "Addict" EP. Our band consists of drummer Aaron Dylan Rusch, bassist Jonas Hoelscher, guitarists Ludwig Urban and Benjamin Cepiga, and vocalist Darius Asgarian.
2. Give us a little insight into the formation of the band. When and how did it happen?
Heruin’s story started in 2017. We all come from different bands and after these projects came to an end, we thought it’d make sense for us to try to form a new band. We also all knew each other for a long time before Heruin through other bands.
3. At what age did you guys start playing instruments? Since when were you into metal music?
We’ve all played instruments since childhood. Everyone has enjoyed many different genres and metal has always been a part of it. For some of us it started with emo and for others with punk or just metal classics.
4. Where did you get the idea for the band name? Did you you plan it or did it just come out like that?
We were just listening to our favorite nu metal songs and we did some heroin, so naturally we became Heruin.
5. What are your songs about?
The songs in our "Addict" EP are about gloomy human behavior. The lyrical content ranges from the abysses in society and the broken world to more personal struggles.
6. Do you write your own songs?
We most definitely write our own songs. We also like to write your songs. Get in touch!
7. Who are your musical influences?
Basically everything that causes a feeling in us is an influence. From musical artists to other happenings in life. Our music is very nu metal inspired, so a good chunk of the early bands from that genre influenced our writing style, but modern metalcore artists too.
8. You recently released a single turned video for "Addict" off your debut EP of the same name, but why was this track chosen as a single then video?
We think that "Addict" combines all our previous songs into a culmination of who Heruin is as a band. All the other songs in the EP are amazing, but we feel "Addict" is a great way to introduce someone who is unfamiliar with us to our style.
9. Will there be any other tracks that will be made into singles and/or videos as "Addict" has received?
Yes, you can look forward for more releases in 2018. We’re in discussion about what to create moving forward, but are excited about our current ideas.
10. What are the plans for the rest of this year for you guys?
Hey Korn, do you want to take us on tour? That would be great!