Vermillion Road's vocalist Will Robison took the time to discuss with us, what the band does during the holiday season!
1. What are you doing for the holidays?
Will: Visiting my family! I live in Colorado and they live in Arkansas, so I’ll be spending some time away from my home to visit theirs.
2. This Halloween season I did what?
Will: The VR boys and I went to see some of our biggest influences (Nothing More, Shinedown, and Breaking Benjamin) play a show in Broomfield on Halloween. Best plans we’d made in a long time!
3. Did you dress up this year?
Will: Yup! I went as Netflix’s Daredevil. Only band member that dressed up too, GUYYYYYS.
4. What is your favorite Halloween candy or treat?
Will: Probably Skittles or Mike and Ikes.
5. What are you thankful for?
Will: For one, I’m thankful to have been born with perfect pitch, which has been helpful with my pursuit of growth as a musician. For two, how lucky I am to have found these people to be in this band with. I consider it a privilege to have found such talented men who are so committed to being great at what we do. It’s a genuine rarity to find people like that and I’m so lucky I did. For three, the wonderful support of my loving parents as I pursue this music dream.
6. Do you have a favorite dish for Thanksgiving or do you enjoy everything?
Will: Yeah! My mom makes this really delicious butternut squash bread and I can’t ever get enough of it.
7. Who's the one who eats the most when it comes to the holiday season?
Will: If you mean in our band, I’d put my money on our guitarist Hunter. We’ve never spent a Holiday dinner together as a band though, so I can’t say for certain.
8. Do you or have you gone shopping on Black Friday, if so what did you find and buy? Or have you gone out to see the sights of the crowds?
Will: I have never gone out to celebrate Black Friday. I like to extend the gratitude of Thanksgiving into the holiday season and Black Friday tends to be the antithesis of gratitude, so I don’t really participate in anything related to it.
9. When it comes to the holiday season, does the band all get together, or does everyone do their own thing?
Will: We all kinda go do our own thing and get together with our families when the holiday season rolls around, though I have a feeling that’s gonna change in a couple years!
10. What is your favorite Christmas song to sing and why?
Will: Does XM@$ by Corey Taylor count? I showed it to my parents and they laughed really really hard.
11. One thing you really want for Christmas is what?
Will: Super speed. I’m an avid Flash watcher.
12. Do you still believe in Santa Claus?
Will: Enough so, that you would pay him a visit at the mall or other local events? Nah.
13. What type of Christmas tree do you prefer white or green or your own version?
Will: I like green trees if they’re inside, and white if they’re outside. I didn’t know there were other versions….?
14. Are you a late or early Christmas shopper?
Will: Definitely late.
15. One thing you have to do on New Year's Eve?
Will: My family always has snacks for dinner every New Year’s, so I’m pretty into that.
16. Do you have any New Year's resolutions?
Will: Growth is a huge thing for me, so that’s definitely on the list. I like to think of myself as growing into a better person than the one I was yesteryear. On the musical end, I want to get in better shape and become a better writer/performer, and I’d like to try and help VR reach bigger heights on a more national scale.