EVHO formed back in 2008, by of all things best friends that wanted to set out to create a unique version of sound that would take the rock/pop scene by storm. Hence that storm has surpassed as we see the band releasing their latest and newest album "From the Sun" taking influences from The Mars Volta, Circa Survive, Soundgarden and more! EVHO is that re-freshening modern take of the traditional style that is rock/pop music. The band got together to discuss this album and what plans are ahead for them. "Ricochet" is also their latest video see for yourselves right HERE.
Can you also include their music video for Ricochet?
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
We have been friends for sixteen years and started EVHO in 2008 to make our own unique sound of rock/ pop.
2. What is the origin of the band’s name?
The bands name EVHO is short for Event Horizon. We were all hanging out after a jam session watching YouTube videos on space and then the video started talking about the Event Horizon of a black hole. We all thought that was pretty awesome, so that became the band’s name and then we later shortened it to EVHO.
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
The band is based out of Mahopac,NY. A little town about an hour north of New York City. The music scene in Mahopac is pretty dedicated with a bunch of great bands and musicians. A few bands to recommend would be...
-You Outside of You
the list could go on and on.
4. How would you describe your style?
Our style is influenced a lot by classic rock and 90's rock, but also grabs from many different genres.
5. What would be your full take on "From the Sun" as a whole?
As a whole From The Sun really isn't about one thing or a single theme as much as it is just a snapshot of the band at that point in time.
6. Why should people go forth and check out this album "From the Sun"?
Everyone should check it out because we worked hard to create music that we'd consider timeless.
7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
Yes, we have a bunch of tours that are in the works for the Summer and throughout the rest of the year. We will also be touring over in China in August / September.
8. What other plans do you have in-store for the rest of this year?
The band plans to do a bunch of touring / writing / recording a bunch of new music for everyone to hear.
9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
We are all over the internet but here are a few links-
10. Anything else you want to say or add on?
Stay tuned World, this is just the beginning of bigger things to come for EVHO!