Lakeshore's debut EP "41" is a type of effort, that will surpass the end of time. As such brothers Ben and Joe Lionetti guitar and drummer for the band, who had original founded the metalcore titans known as Emmure, have built up Lakeshore, to begin an all new phase of music. Thus "41" was written and recorded with guitarist Ben Lionetti discusses the matters of it, plus what their future has in-store. In fact, their video for current single "History" can be seen HERE, if you're curious to get a glimpse of them.
1. What role do you play in the band?
Ben: I am Ben Lionetti and I play guitar.
2. Lakeshore is your namesake, but why is that? Does the name represent a meaning or is it just a name?
Ben: Lakeshore is the name of the street my brother and I grew up on.
3. What has influenced your sound and style?
Ben: My father was in a band I grew up listening to bands like Aerosmith and Steely Dan, Later I got into bands like Deftones and Korn so there is a wide range of music that influences us.
4.What are your songs about? (What specific themes do they cover?)
Ben: All our songs are really about self empowerment, keep believing. I know its cliche but we believe it and we love pushing a positive message.
5. Do you write your own songs? (Discuss the songwriting process in detail.)
Ben: Yes we write our own songs.
6. How do you describe your music to people?
Ben: I like to say we are a new wave of active rock.
7. What image do you think your music conveys?
Ben: Positivity & Creativeness.
8. You will soon be releasing your new EP, can you tell me a little bit about it?
Ben: Our EP is named "41" (The house number we grew up in) we felt like if we started there musically then what better place for LAKESHORE to start as well. We try to bring together big epic meaningful music, no matter what style. Whatever feels good we write it.
9. What is the concept behind the EP and how did the idea come about?
Ben: No concept really just good feeling positive rock music with a message.
10. What is your favorite song on the EP and why?
Ben: Mine would be imagination i love the message and i love that rock and roll guitar solo at the end
11. What can fans expect from the new Lakeshore EP?
12. What was the writing and recording process like for the EP?
Ben: I wrote most of the songs in a little home studio then brought them to the band to help refine so parts and add their twist on things. We recorded with Ken Susi of Unearth and he really helped to bring the songs to life.
13. Why do you think people should check out your new EP once released?
Ben: Because its fresh music with a nostalgic feel and I would say we don't really sound like anything else out right now.
14. How would you say you differ from other bands and artists on the scene?
Ben: Music seems pretty uninspired these days, bands sound the same, their songs sound the same, bands lost the vision of what being a real artist is all about.... We're trying to change that.
15. What do you want to achieve as a band?
Ben: We want it all!
16. What does next year hold for Lakeshore?
Ben: Lots of things are in the works we will keep everyone updated as things progress you can keep up to date with everything on our Facebook page or our website at www.facebook.com/41Lakeshore or www.LakeshoreOfficial.com.