Power metal act Death Dealer, have been playing shows, touring, and writing and recording for their second album "Hallowed Ground" since we last spoke. Guitarist Ross The Boss gives us the rundown of their latest album and future plans.
1. It's been 2 years since we last spoke, so what has the band been up too since then?
Ross: Whoa well first thanks for having me here. DEATH DEALER opened for the Metal All Star tour of Eastern Europe then we proceeded to put together our 2nd CD Hallowed Ground.
2. How did you get picked out to be a part of Motörhead's Motörboat?
Ross: Actually our managers with the help of our label SMG secured us a spot on the Motörhead Cruise.
3. Have you ever been on a boat cruise before? If so, how did that go? If not, how do you think this will go compared to a regular cruise voyage?
Ross: To be honest I'm not a big fan of boat cruises, I have only been on boats for transportation and I absolutely hate hot sunny weather. Hahaha everyone on that cruise was drunk from the moment it started till the end. Everyone had fun. I had fun playing tho. The rest well.....
4. How would you say that "Warmaster" compares, differs, and evens out to "Hallowed Ground"?
Ross: Well Warmaster being our debut I would say it showed our songwriting at the beginning of our band. Hallowed Ground being the natural progression. Both CDs are to me great works but I would say that Sean has his best vocal performances ever. Without a doubt the best singer in metal today.
5. What runs through your mind when you think about being on your second full-length album "Hallowed Ground". Did you think you would have gotten here or didn't think you would have made it past your debut album?
Ross: I absolutely knew we would make our 2nd CD. As I stated before this would not be a "project" DEATHDEALER is a band here to say and I'm right. Of course.
6. Where did record your latest release at?
Ross: Hallowed Ground was recorded in Sydney Australia, Los Angeles California and Queens NYC.
7. Who did you use to produce your record?
Ross: Mr Stu Marshall produced mixed and mastered our CD.
8. Tell us about your experience in the studio recording the new record?
Ross: Studio? What studio? We don't record in "studios" I record in my house. I have so much fun recording it's better than a studio.
9. Was the band comfortable in the studio?
Ross: The band is totally comfortable. Absolutely. Hahaha. What I'm trying so say is that we do our tracks separate from each other and it's incredible. Who cares how it's done as long as the finished product rules and ours conquers all.
10. Do you remember the very first time you heard the final mix of the new record and what you were thinking?
Ross: What was I thinking???? "This is brilliant, very special indeed.
11. How important do you rate the lyrical side of your albums?
Ross: Lyrics are very important. The word picture is a big part of any CD.
Ross: At the moment we are booking our tours and festivals.
13. Why do you think people are into your music?
Ross: The folks are obviously hearing what we hear. Great songs, playing, singing and sound!
And DEATHDEALER thanks you.