Rock addicts The Raven Black Project is the best new hard rock band from Los Angeles, California! Having said that they are a project which is fast pacing with rising to boot. Drummer Muppet talks about the band's progress for the new EP they have been hard at work on and will be releasing soon enough.
1. What type of band are you?
Muppet: We are a Metal band with a Hard Rock influence
2. Where are you guys from originally?
Muppet: We are based out of Los Angeles
3. What’s the origin of the band’s name?
Muppet: The Raven from Edgar Allen Poe for its dark, taunting song.
4. Your first EP Demo is in the works can you tell me about it?
Muppet: We have 2 EP's being released in May and June; One that will be more of our heavier driven songs and the other contains our new pop-metal being released with well-known producer, Logan Mader.
5. Where are you in the recording process of the new EP Demo?
Muppet: Right now we are tracking both EP's, mixing and mastering to be completed late April, early May.
6. Where are you recording it?
Muppet: We will be recording at Pawnshop and MAder Music Studios.
7. How would you describe the overall sound of it?
Muppet: With our EP with Logan, the songs sound very much like Rob Zombie and Marylin Manson heavy grooves with more of a catchy and full chorus. On our heavier EP, we are going for that heavier groove as well, but adding more syncopated drum, bass and guitar riffs.
8. When did you start writing?
Muppet: Both we started writing at the beginning of this year.
9. Can you go into one or two tracks on the new EP Demo? If so, can you give us the track title and brief description of how the track sounds and how it came about?
Muppet: 1- Burning All of You - Co-written with Logan Mader, he gave us a guide of what he was looking for in the song and we would take that and all add each of our own styles into it to make it a great blend of different sounds.
2- Died Inside - Was originally recorded as a demo for a competition we played in last year and because of the positive feedback we've been getting, we want to re-release a better quality version of the song.
9. How is the vibe in the studio?
Muppet: Amazing, there is a synergy that translates between us that makes the work we put into it a lot of fun. Every member of the band shares the same energy, excitement and commitment which translates into our music.
Muppet: Mid-May (fingers crossed for both).
11. You guys have a unique style, which bands would you say influence you the most?
Muppet: Avenged Sevenfold, Rob Zombie, Metallica and All That Remains.