Hong Kong alternative rockers, Seasons For Change, have been hard at work recording and writing for their brand new EP "Timeless Collective" featuring newest single "Not Enough". The band got together to discuss said single, new EP, and more!
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
Long story short, when Kenta was studying in Sydney before, he was fronting a band called 'Arms Attraction'. Their music reached the ears of some locals in Hong Kong and to Kulo. He got in touch with Kenta and that's when they became acquainted. After Kenta (Vocal) settled back in HK, he contacted Kulo (Drums) about starting a band. And through Kulo, found Wan (Bass) and Dennis (Guitar) and later on, Don (Guitar) - who were all already active in the local indie scene in their other bands.
2. What is the origin of the band name?
The origin of the band name comes from the nostalgic experiences of the changing seasons. The memories you remember most can be associated with the environment, the temperature, and the 'taste' of the air at the time, i.e. the season. That nostalgic wave of memories from that season is a reminder of what has changed and what can be changed.
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
Hong Kong. The indie music scene in Hong Kong is small, but it's growing thanks to the power of social media. Although the music industry is dominated by canto-pop here, there is a growing number of support for independent music.
4. How would you describe your style?
Highly energetic alternative rock fused with some power-pop and JRock elements.
5. What can one expect to hear on your new EP "Timeless Collective"?
Energetic rock music filled with catchy, melodic melodies.
6. Do you have a favorite track off "Timeless Collective"?
SKY. It was the very first song we worked on together as a band.
7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
We are performing at a music festival in Taiwan (Tai Chung) called 'HEARTOWN MUSIC FESTIVAL' later in November. Then we have a show in December and January. As for touring, we have nothing planned yet.
8. What plans do you have for the future as a band?
We're already in the process of writing and recording for our next record. We hope to be able to get opportunities to perform outside of Hong Kong.
9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
Facebook/YouTube, and via Famined Records you can buy on iTunes/Amazon/GooglePlay and it will be available to stream on Spotify.
Google Play: http://found.ee/mfpZ7
10. What is it you'd like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
The melodies and maybe the lyrics that may have been relatable to them.