Singer-songwriter-guitarist--producer David Stücken is the force behind LA-based rock band David and The Curse whose dynamic debut An Epitaph For Love is due out early 2017. David wrote and produced the autobiographical album of gritty rock tales told through the lens of an anti-hero. A prolific songwriter, David writes earnestly with his electric guitar, painting pictures of personal battles and tales from the darkest corners of LA to the brightest lights of the downtown skyline. Find out what was said from David Stücken himself below.
1. Please tell us about the history of David and The Curse and its members.
David: David and The Curse is my first solo project but I've been playing in bands since I was 12 years old. All of the members of The Curse are musicians that I've met over the past few years that I respect immensely. The sound of the band live is composed of these musicians but on the record there are some different players.
2. What's the meaning behind the band's namesake, David and The Curse?
David: The name represents the sound of the band.
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
David: The band is based out of Los Angeles, CA. The music scene here is all over the charts. There are so many events and shows that the scene is somewhat disconnected.
4. How would you describe your style?
David: Rock 'n Roll with meaningful lyrics and honest songwriting.
5. Please tell us about the writing and recording your debut album An Epitaph For Love.
David: I write music everyday. Whether it's in the car or in the studio. The songs on the record were written at different periods in my life but they are all honest. Honesty is what defines my writing.
6. What can people can expect when listening to An Epitaph For Love?
David: Something different than what they are used to.
7. What is it youíd like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
David: I believe the power of a great song is that the listener can identify their own life to the lyrics and that's the therapy with music. I would also like them to enjoy the swagger of the beats and melodies.
8. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
David: Everything is in the works. We're talking about hitting the West Coast hard and then going to Europe.
9. What future plans do you have for the band?
David: More music. More shows. We just want to play for as many people as possible. I'm also currently writing the follow up to An Epitaph For Love. I'm always writing music.
10. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
David: We're playing extensively throughout 2017. If you live in the LA area we are playing at El Cid on Friday, November 18th. The music is available right now on iTunes and Amazon as well as Spotify and YouTube. Stay in touch at:
Thanx, David Stücken