Post hardcore or mathcore, can you believe that, math is in the genre that is metal music. In any case, Fero Lux has made their hardcore/mathcore work for them, and have taken some time to discuss their latest material along with details about themselves.
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
Hey! We FERO LUX began on All Hallow's Eve, 2010. We met that day, whilst coincidentally and individually were all toilet papering Rick Scott's house. Dave was like, "ya'll wanna start a mathcore band?" as he hurled a large roll through Rick's trees. It spiraled as a glorious touch down pass might. That's when we all looked at each other and said, "HELL YEAH, BROTHER!"
2. What’s the origin of the band’s name?
It's Spanish for "Go Vegan".
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
We're from South Florida. Fort Lauderdale/Vero Beach areas to be precise. The scene has changed very much over the past 5 years, but there are still some amazing locals from here. Definitely check out Ether, Gouge Away and Period Bomb. (To name a few!)
4. How would you describe your style?
To the people I work with, I call it obnoxious, so they'll shut up about it. To everyone else, I like to say it sounds like Glassjaw meets The Dillinger Escape Plan. With hints of At The Drive-In and Poison The Well.
5. What have you released so far and what can someone expect from your works?
We have two full lengths and two eps out at the moment. The most recent was a full length album titled "NO REST". It came out in March. We're proud of it for sure. I'm not sure what you could expect. I don't think our music is very predictable. So maybe you can..."expect the unexpected!" Check it out and let me know. Get back to me. Apple sauce.
6. Do you have any new music in the works?
Oh yeah. Always. Even after something gets recorded and pressed-David, Ben and Nick are always just writing stuff. We're already working on a new release. These jawns are heavy.
7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
In November we're doing the east coast with Accident Prone from Virginia! And in December, a south east run with Ether from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. We're going to plan other runs for Spring. Gotta keep moving!
8. What plans do you have for the future as a band?
We plan on being the first band to play in outer-space. Don't get in the way of our dreams!
9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
Buy it all please. We have pets to feed.
www.fero-lux.bandcamp.com is where you can buy our music directly from us. Either physically or digitally. Also, you can find us on Spotify, CD Baby, Google Music, iTunes, and pretty much everywhere else!
10. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
Our message. I think our message is simply "we all drown together, or not at all". Lift someone up, yo.