Alternative rockers Dead Eyes known formerly as Vital Signs, have released a new song and video in the form of a single called "American Nightmare". It was mixed and mastered by Nick Scott, (Attila, I See Stars, Miss May I). The single brings out soothing synths, driving verses and catchy hooks that will surely have listeners memorized. Check out the discussion that was said about this said release and what plans are ahead for these guys. Don't forget to check out the video for "American Nightmare" right HERE.
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
We as a band just began but we just released our first music video for our single American Nightmare to much acclaim. The four of us come from a band called Vital Signs, though, which we played together in for a few years.
2. What's the origin of the band's name?
We were going through a rough patch, trying to decide on a name everyone agreed on. We were talking through our band group chat throwing names back and forth. We all came to the decision that we knew our music was to express our outlook towards certain topics, most of which society chooses to overlook. We decided on Dead Eyes because it portrays that which is overlooked by so many.
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
We are based out of Lancaster, PA. The music scene is great here! A Scent Like Wolves, Sink In, Minshara, Imperialist, and My Heart to Fear are definitely bands you should be on the lookout for.
4. How would you describe your style?
“You ain’t got no style mothafucka…” -Matheson (Pineapple Express)
5. What have you released so far and what can someone expect from your works?
So far we have released American Nightmare along with our cover of “My House” by PVRIS. If you’ve ever had the privilege of watching Ron Burgundy play jazz flute then you know exactly what to expect of us.
6. Do you have any new music in the works?
We’ve about 58.6% of the way through recording our debut EP, which we expect to release early spring 2017.
7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
We’ve recently announced our debut show at The Chameleon Club in Lancaster, PA on January 6th. As far as touring, I can’t give away any details but we definitely have some plans and hope to hit most of the country next year.
8. What plans do you have for the future as a band?
Listen, we have the best plans. People are going to tell you that we don’t have plans but you can’t believe them. The system has been rigged against us, but listen up we won’t let that stop us. We have plans and we will show you those plans when we’ve finished planning them.
9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
Our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/deadeyespa or our YouTube at www.youtube.com/deadeyespa are the best ways to stay up to date with us. We are working on getting our very own website up and running very soon!
10. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
The emotion that it gave them.