Up-and-coming artist Grace Valerie was discovered in 2010 by Grammy-winning producer and American Idol judge Randy Jackson. Soon after she released a few singles, performing a few concerts and even talent shows! This would lead to her parents having other plans for her, having her have a career outside the limelight. She loved school and learned a lot in the process but always knew she would be an artist. Further singles and videos would be released rounding up to this debut release of an EP. As of now she is currently in the studio, finishing up the last minute details and touches on this EP with a release due out this fall. Artist Grace Valerie was indeed the one to discuss the matters on this EP giving us a full rundown on it's progress and future.
1. So what can you tell me about this new EP?
Grace: I am currently in the studio recording new material for my upcoming EP. It will be a POP-EDM record. All songs are based on my experience or someone in my circle. Which makes the EP itself very real and genuine.
2. What title did you decide to go with it and is there a meaning behind it?
Grace: I can’t reveal the title yet. I am writing within my heart and soul. There’s always a meaning behind my creations.
3. Is this EP going to be a concept release?
Grace: It will be my first EP, hence expect a big celebration and promotion of the record. I have a few surprises in store for my supporters.
4. Where are you in the recording process of the new EP?
Grace: We are almost done. Finishing up I would say. Just want every track to be perfect.
5. Who is producing the EP? How has the producer aided the recording process?
Grace: I am currently working with Klaypex. They are awesome! Young, fun, talented. EDM monsters! Check their music out! We create together… It’s easy to work with people when you are on the same page and have the same taste for music.
6. Where are you recording the EP?
Grace: Klaypex have a great studio, we are recording there.
7. Did you have any definitive goals you were shooting for before the recording process began for this EP?
Grace: I had a vision about the sound, feel, track list of the EP. And then we started creating… one by one… I know exactly how the artwork would look like… Each track is unique yet it has the same feel and genre.
8. Are you using any new instrumentation you've never used in the recording process before?
Grace: We do. Some cool electronic tools I have never seen before lol
9. When did you start writing for this EP? How was the songwriting process different/similar to previous releases?
Grace: We started in May. It’s always fun and easy for me to express my feelings on paper… through music. I love to create and go places I’ve never been before lyric wise. With this EP I definitely thought deeper and explored more then before. I am ecstatic for people to hear the full EP.
10. Did you feel any pressure whatsoever to get this out for everyone to hear?
Grace: No not at all. I love what I do. And I am grateful and blessed to have supporters that like what they hear from me. It’s all about your growth. Few years from now I may be writing about completely different things. But for now I am fortunate to speak what’s on my mind at this point of my life.
11. Can you go into one or two tracks on the new EP? If so, can you give us the track title and brief description of how the track sounds and how it came about?
Grace: The first track is called “Magic”, we released it on iTunes already. It’s a love track. Very passionate, touching, hype and perfect for a dance floor. This what I call POP EDM.
The other track is called “See How We Run”… All I’m gonna say is that it’s a hooligan love song lol You can see a movie while listening to that track.
Grace: We are music lovers, so we had a blast each time we had a writing or a recording session.
13. When can we expect the new EP to be released?
Grace: Early September. :)
14. What can the fans expect to see from you in the future?
We are working on setting up some live shows on the West Coast. So stay tuned. Also acting is another passion of mine… I am very focused on the EP and acting career at the moment.
15. Is that your final answer?
Grace: Yes! Thank you for your time and God bless!